• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What else can go wrong?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I hope she gets better soon.

As for the club...you may be the President...but I started it.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Well... she's going to have surgery on tuesday morning... and will most likely be out of work for up to 3 months... this totally blows monkey balls man

3 months of worring about bills and if the house payment will be made on time... the car payments... and then the stuff that usually pops up durring these times like insurance, or something is bound to break... I might snap if thing get much worse than they are

that also means no new videogames, no going to the movies, basically Ill have to live with what I got... (wait a minute I really dont have a problem there... just the new videogame part, as I have a collection that can keep me entertained for months without playing the same game twice :laugh: )

the one thing that really blows the goat with this... she cant do shit with her hand (out of all the bones in your body... she HAD to break the one thats the hardest to heal) absolutly no lifting with that hand ad all... that means i get to do EVERY fuggin thing in the house... the cooking, cleaning (not like i dont do those already) but now i have to add yard work and everything to the mix

sorry but i have to butch a bit... this just totally screws the pooch...

Pianobone

Registered Member
Yeah, that sounds bad. Try to keep a little optimism, though. I mean, think about it this way: you're getting a great chance here to really bless your wife by letting her take some very much needed time off. I forgot if you mentioned if you have kids or not, but if you do, how old are they? I'm sure there's some stuff they can help out with, even if it is a small part- it's at least something. Keep in touch- it's too bad I don't live in Arizona, or else I would come over and give you some help.

BTW- where do you live in Arizona? I know of some people who live there who may be able to give you some assistance, should things go down the tube.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Thanks Piano, Yes i do have 2 kids a 3 year old and a 5 year old
I think I will be able to handle it, my mother is going to help as much as she can... its just not a good time for something like this to happen.

now if it was like 6 months later it wouldnt be such a bad thing... I would be getting more hours at work (my store id ALOT busier durring the winter months)

I live in Mesa, and if I do need some help I will let you know

Once again Thank you Piano

**UPDATE 2**

Well she had the operation this morning.

Its not as bad as expected.

We left the house at 6am, got there at 6:45, they took her in at 5 minutes after 8, and the surgery was supposed to last 2 hours 30 minutes, so my mom and I left to go and get breakfast, then to Wal-Mart to get some pillows, because she HAS to keep her hand above heart level at all times, and for the last week Ive have to use a folded blanket as a pillow, and returned at exactly 10am.

When we walked in the door, the doctor has JUST gotten out of surgery on my wife (30 minutes less than expected). He told us that it wasn't a complete fracture and didn't have to do a bone graft on it ( good news again ) He then shows us a X-ray of her hand after surgery that clearly shows the screw.. (HA my wife got screwed in the hospital) and says that since it wasn't a complete fracture her healing time will cut down dramatically, My wife might be able to go back to work in little as 5 weeks, I expecting a few more weeks than that... but least she should be healed up by then (might have to do some physical therapy afterwards)

So over all, its not as bad as we orinigally thought.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Hey sweet- I know some people in Phoenix, Samus- so if you ever need something, just let me know and I'll try and get ahold of them.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Thanks again man... I was worried she would be out for 3 months... which would totally blow all my summer plans..

EDIT

She got her cast off 2 days ago, and has started physical therapy, hopefully she will be back to work at the end of the month at best