• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What does a Thanksgiving dinner entail?

NellyBell

Registered Member
What dish(es) would your Thanksgiving meal be incomplete without? This is going to be my first time trying to cook everything - yikes! - and I'm trying to make sure that I don't forget any of the classics due to scatterbrain or sheer ignorance.

Sophia

Registered Member
After the turkey and dressing, you could serve anything in the vegetable line you wish. I generally have green beans, potato salad, deviled eggs and brown and serve rolls. Oh! and don't forget the pumpkin pie!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Besides the things Sophia mentioned I like to serve Durkee Green Bean Casserole. I like to add some crumbled up bacon to it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This is going to be my first time trying to cook everything - yikes! - and I'm trying to make sure that I don't forget any of the classics due to scatterbrain or sheer ignorance.
Good luck! I cooked my first Thanksgiving last year and surprisingly didn't screw it up. You got this! Haha.

My Thanksgiving meal would be incomplete without these...

Turkey (obviously)
Whipped potato
Homemade stuffing
Yams
Squash
Green bean casserole
Rolls
Pumpkin pie
Football ALL day

Keri35

Registered Member
Looks like people hit it already.

Don't do what I did... I tried a new stuffing recipe on Thanksgiving. It was horrible! Always try new recipes before a holiday.

Good luck making your first big Thanksgiving dinner!

Impaired

Registered Member
Turkey and gravy made from the drippings
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Cole Slaw
Cranberry sauce
Fresh baked dinner rolls

(We usually have corn and green beans but these are not core, IMHO)

Pumpkin pie

We also make a Thanksgiving drink of ginger ale and cranberry juice.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Wow, thank you so much everyone! Outside of turkey and stuffing, it sounds like green beans, rolls and pumpkin pie are the biggest necessities. I've never had cole slaw or deviled eggs on Thanksgiving, but those sound like great ideas! @Konshentz I'm so glad to hear that it's possible! It seems so daunting right now, ha. Definitely taking your tip on football though. If the food is subpar, at least the entertainment will be more than taken care of! @Keri35 I'm definitely going to keep that tip in mind. There are quite a few recipes I've never tried before. I guess it will be Thanksgiving at our house all month long while I prepare, haha. @Impaired that drink sounds delicious! I'm going to give that one a try.