• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you wear to work

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have worked in a couple of jobs where the clothing requirements are a little different. I used to work in a call centre where no-one cared how you dressed and other places where you had "dress down days", do you have to wear a suit and tie etc? Do you have to wear a branded top like in HMV or Millets etc?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wear a dress shirt, dress pants and dress shoes. That's from Monday to Thursday. On Friday's they allow us to wear jeans, which makes me so happy.

Some times I'll wear ties, but it all depends on my mood when I get up, or if there's any important meetings at work that day.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I got a uniformed polo shirt and a really shitty fleece jacket thing they expect us to wear.
I have to wear proper black shoes and trousers too. I also have a name badge, which is shit! Especially hate it when customers I don't know from Adam, actually call me by name. It's annoying.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I got a uniformed polo shirt and a really shitty fleece jacket thing they expect us to wear.
I have to wear proper black shoes and trousers too. I also have a name badge, which is shit! Especially hate it when customers I don't know from Adam, actually call me by name. It's annoying.
I used to work where I was in the same scenario, it always made me laugh when people would ask "do you work here?", "no, I am wearing this Millets shirt as a fashion statement and don't actually work here!"

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I always dress smartly for work. I will always wear a skirt suit or trouser suit.

The only time I havent was because I did a job in a factory in my first year of uni. Even then I was always smart casual.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I wear a white button down shirt, black knee length skirt, nude thigh high stockings or nylons and black flats, all are required of where I work.

Bliss

Sally Twit
We're told to dress smart but it doesn't mean we all have to wear suits. The men have to wear shirts, not polo shirts. They don't have to wear a tie but a lot of them do.
The women have to dress smart and not slutty. Some women have been told to go home and change in the past lol.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I wear anything except extravagant or slutty or anything of this type.
No cleavage and no short skirts.
We don't have special clothing requirements but we are told to wear anything appropriate for the work-place.

Sekme1

Registered Member
I think the most important thing is how you feel wearing a particular style. If I could wear anything to work, I still would wear nice clothing, that would make me feel good about myself. And that is most important!

BigBob

Registered Member
Currently I work in a call center and the only rule when it comes to clothing is that it has to be "G" rated.. but mainly as long as you don't walk in with a shirt that says "Fuck" or have a nice set of boobies on it, you're good.