What Do You Wear To Work?

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by English-Emo-Boy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

So what does your boss require you to work whilst you're at his/her establishment.

Is it casual and relaxed which allows you to wear Jeans and T-Shirts or it is formal with smart dress and appearance?

As I work in an office and regularly see clients I have to wear shirts/ties and black trousers/slacks.

At special times of the year such as Christmas I can wear some Jeans and some knit-wear over the top of a shirt. I can also lose the tie!!

On saturdays as well I can relax things a little aswell with some jeans and sometimes trainers.

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Well I work at a restaurant so I have a uniform I basically have to wear. I have to wear a black (non-collar) longsleeve shirt, with black slacks, black socks, black dress shoes and a black apron.

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  3. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Black jeans and T shirt is the normal for me,although some of the companies we work for also like us to wear a jumper with there company name on it.
    I would not be able stand wearing a shirt and tie everyday,hell i cant stand wearing them once a year!.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Casual wear although jeans wouldn't be considered part of that or scrubs.

English-Emo-Boy and AeonFlux like this.
  5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I wear nice dress clothes, image is everything at my work place, I deal with a lot of different clients, so I have to make sure I look professional. Especially when I go visit houses with them.

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

Our dress code is a couple of pages long, but I think business casual wear sums it up fairly well. We are expected to look professional at all times. Things like jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes, etc., aren't ever allowed, but we aren't required to wear dress suits or anything quite that formal either, though some of us still do. I usually wear nice pants with a sweater now that it's winter. In the summer I'll probably be more inclined to be wearing skirts (no shorter than an inch above the knee, thanks to dress codes!).

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Since I work out of the house and i am my own boss I wear what ever I want to. If I should have to go and meet with the bigger clients I usually wear nice jeans and a nice shirt.
    Nobody in my profession ever wears dress clothes or a suit.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

A polo shirt and nice pants (no jeans unless it's Friday). My work isn't especially dressy, just business casual basically.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

We have to dress smart Monday - Thursday and then we get to wear what we want every Friday.

10. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

My palce of work required formal wear, smart. As we have client and different companies visting all the time.
    My normal dress code is a skirk/trouser suit!

I'd love to able to go to work in jeans though. Maybe i should suggest a casual wear day!!