• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you want from life?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
A genie appears to you in a puff of purple smoke and says, "For your good works, The Powers That Be have decreed that you shall be rewarded. Whatever you desire most will now be yours - but there is a catch. You must make your wish in just two words, no more. You have one minute to choose those words before I vanish forever."

The clock is ticking fast. What two words do you say? Post them below, with a brief explanation for your answer.

(If you would, please post your answer in a spoiler, before reading any others. I'd like to avoid cross-contamination in the answers. Merci!)

happy love

Not that I want to sound like an oversized Care Bear or anything, but this is something that I don't feel like I ever had and could use a hand with.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
billion dollars

I would say something like world peace, but the only way to do that is to remove free will from people.

Edit: I guess I could have said something like End disease, but the time limit made me rush it. And to be honest, I might prefer the billion dollars

Last edited:

Starfire86

Registered Member
spiritual enlightenment
My advancement as a human is the thing I'm most passionate about.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
spiritual enlightenment
My advancement as a human is the thing I'm most passionate about.
Hmm, I might consider that a wasted wish, laudable though it is. That kind of advancement is one thing I wouldn't want handed to me. "Got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues," as they say - or Ringo said, anyway, which counts for something. Isn't the journey, after all, the same as the destination?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Cruelty ending.

This is the first one I could come up with. It's what I would want more on Earth than almost anything else. If you have been following some of my other posts and discussions on this forum then would probably know why.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
health and the life itself.

Without the first you can hardly have the second.
Without the second, no matter how much you have the first, you are non existent.

If you have both, then that's happiness and you'll be able to overcome your other "unhappiness-es". That's what I call 'to be lucky'.
All the other good things are little and short-term things, compared to the power of those two.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
health and the life itself.

Without the first you can hardly have the second.
Without the second, no matter how much you have the first, you are non existent.

If you have both, then that's happiness and you'll be able to overcome your other "unhappiness-es". That's what I call 'to be lucky'.
All the other good things are little and short-term things, compared to the power of those two.
Very smart, splitting your wish. Unfortunately, you would be granted two things that you already have, assuming that your five-word answer didn't anger the genie in the first place.

Dabs

Registered Member
I can say it with one word.

Happiness.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
you would be granted two things that you already have, assuming that your five-word answer didn't anger the genie in the first place.
I would ask the genie to let me have what I already have.

Given that I don't know what could happen tomorrow, the genie could provide me to have those two, for as long as possible.