What do you think of this situation?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Jan 22, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I've known about this case for a while now. Until know I have not found any media on it. I listened to this the other day and it chapped my butt a bit.

Link

After listening to this, what is your opinion on the matter?

Discuss...

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

She has every right to sue for lost fees, damage to her babysitting service etc. as she was abiding by the law.

Just on a side note: I'm wondering.... People have the right to open carry. But just say there was an armed robbery happening nearby, do regular citizens have the right to actually FIRE that gun at another person? What situation constitutes that a regular citizen can deem it fit to shoot another person? (sorry to go slightly off topic here...)

3. pro2A

If their own life or another persons life is in danger. I'd say an armed robbery would warrant that. It all depends on your state tho. Each state has different laws pertaining to lethal force.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Radio Host: "They wouldn't know the law because they're democrats."

. . . . .

[​IMG]

I understand the story and it is bullshit. If that's the law, then the woman is more than within her rights to sue. I agree with him though that people are so soft and fruity when it comes to guns that it's almost unbearable sometimes.

pro2A likes this.
  5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Sounds like her "right to keep and bear arms" is being "infringed".

It's a Constitutional right. It takes 3/4ths of the states voting to overturn it for her to lose that right. Until then she should be able to keep AND BEAR arms without infringement.

6. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Registered Member

I don't agree with how he said that people in NY, NJ, IL and MA are not only "FASCIST" but also don't follow or care about the law because they are Democrats.

I think that is complete BS.

7. pro2A

Uh... if I had a NJ carry permit... (which is near impossible btw) and open carried I would probably get arrested for doing so. Even tho it would be perfectly legal to do so in NJ.

People should NOT be arrested for exercising a constitutional right. It happens all the time in the states he listed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So that justifies a massive generalization of every Democrat in each of those states? Because one woman got her rights infringed?

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

So now we're posting links to other people insulting people on this forum? Well... fuck you too, then.

10. pro2A

He didn't say all Democrats. He said Democrats as opposed to Republicans. These states are controlled by Democrats, and Democrats generally* do only care about the law if it fits their needs. As long as it suits them, it's ok, otherwise it's not, as we can see in this case.

*General 1: belonging to the common nature of a group of like individuals.
    2: applicable to or characteristic of the majority of individuals involved.