What do you think of these statements by Jim Ross?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Jan 13, 2010.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Source: J.R.'s Latest Q&A | J.R.'s Family Bar-B-Q (JRs blog)

Am I just reading too much into this? He seems to be throwing a fit about not wanting to go back to SmackDown! I would really love to find out what he really thinks and why he doesn't want to return to SmackDown!

I could understand the reasoning of calling matches more so then the promos and skit since JR doesn't really like that stuff, however RAW - currently - has been having way more drama, promos and skits than SmackDown!

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well when he first found out that he was leaving Raw for Smackdown JR came out and said that he doesn't like that idea and he didn't like it at all. Personally I didn't blame him for saying those "harsh" words since he had great chemistry with Jerry.

Personally what I want to see is this;

Jim Ross returns to Raw
    Jerry Lawler stays on Raw but turns heel
    Michael Cole leaves WWE completely.

I don't really kow what to say with his comments towards Dolph Ziggler other than I agree. Ziggler has tons of talent, he's a confident young wrestler, and his potential is extremely high. He just needs to push the right way. Move him to Raw and make him feud for the US Title.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Agreed. I don't think there has ever been a better announce team than the classic JR and heel Jerry Lawler. I can't see Lawler turning heel anytime soon though. He seems pretty set in his friendly jumper wearing King role and heel king might be a bit too edgy for modern day WWE, especially RAW.

Ziggler is one of the people i most want to see pushed in WWE. I think him not winning the IC Title last year was a huge mistake. He'd easily be a very strong upper midcarder by now. I think i'd prefer to see him stay on Smackdown though. Even if it seems he might not have too many options there after his god knows how many failed attempts at winning the IC Title, so much of the RAW talent is completely misused and/or lost in the shuffle i think he still stands a better chance on Smackdown.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Ross and Lawler should have never been split up. That sounds like a stupid idea to me. I really liked the Ross and heel Lawler team, that was great stuff back in the day. Around what time did he turn face? I can't really remember him being that way when I stopped watching it. And then when I started again, I noticed he has changed.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Seems like the King has been a face for a while now. I can't pinpoint when actually he switched over. JR was also pissed off becauase they didn't even tell him they were moving him to Smackdown. They did the live draft and didn't tell the talent what was happening until the last second. He's a veteran and they should have told him.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Deep down inside I knew that he never wanted to be on Smackdown. JR and Lawler are easily the best announce team in the history of WWE.