• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you think of skateboaring and skateboarders?

stringer22

I know there's a sport section but i just need the general public answering this question because hopefully it'll give me a better idea what the general public think of it.

so please give me your thoughts and opinions.
never a wrong or right answer.

toocool

Registered Member
its always looked like fun. i could never do it. then again, i don't have a skateboard, therefore i rarely ever try (only ever tried about 10 times at a cousins house over a period of 1 year). not really into skateboarding, anyway

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I skateboarded when I was in highschool, and a little bit after graduation as well. I was never really good, but I found it fun. I still like playing the skateboarding video games haha. I think it's really impressive some of the things they can do.

The only negative thing about skateboarders is some of the skateboarding culture. There are some skaters out there that think it's all about being a rebel and vandalism and crime and what not. It's not. It's about athleticism, mastering your balance and what not. I prefer skaters like rodney mullen or tony hawk. Skill versus looking cool.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I love skateboarding, don't do it as much I used to, but it is still a hobby of mine. Usually during parties if there is a skateboard available I'll set up ramps and jump them. It's not about vandalism for me, but it is for a lot skaters out there like Smel stated. We have a lot of parks in my town that have dedicated sections in the park to skate in.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Personally I don't understand what people find so fun about it. And I hate it when people do it on the street. It's dangerous and stupid really.

Stick to the half-pipe, kids.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I know there's a sport section but i just need the general public answering this question because hopefully it'll give me a better idea what the general public think of it.

so please give me your thoughts and opinions.
never a wrong or right answer.
Anything about skateboarding is irrelevant to my interests. Besides the fact that it's a dangerous sport, there's nothing interesting I find about it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'd love to see it go to the olympics actually. It'd be way easier to take it seriously. I've seen some of the pro jams, and there are some amazing feats.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What if skateboarding went to the olympics and see the pros do it.
would you have more respect for the sport?
It's not about lacking respect for the sport. It's a matter of preference. Even if it went to the Olympics, It wouldn't change my thoughts on it.

stringer22

You can always have respect for something that you don't like. its just the recognition of the skills and talent that athletes have.

If you know anything about English football, i hate Liverpool but i respect them and i'm a Manchester United fan.

Would anything make you change your mind on your opinion on skateboarding?