• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you think of Daylight Savings Time?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Europe moved back an hour this weekend and North America will end DST next weekend.

If you were to choose, would you rather get rid of the DST clock shifts (2x a year) or do you see the benefits of advancing the clock an hour so that afternoons have more daylight during Spring/Summer?

********​

Personally, I'd rather have the same time (no DST). The time change is confusing to me especially when I have to deal with people from different time zones (who change their clocks at different dates too).

Blueyes

Registered Member
I actually like it better where I have more sunlight in the afternoons. Means I can leave the dogs outside longer chasing squirrels than hassling me for the evening since they are inside dogs.

viLky

ykLiv
DST screws everything up and isn't needed anymore. I dislike having less daylight at night, I dislike remembering to change my clocks back (and around here it's about 10 clocks) and I dislike other people forgetting about DST and being late/too early.

And we change our clocks back Nov. 2nd, I believe.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I would rather we just left the clocks... I like it getting dark earlier.... and we don't really need to do it anymore
It doesnt really bother me but it must be a pain for some people, like you ysabel! :-/

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I hate it....I wish that they would do away with it..this 4 time zone thing (in the US) drives me buggy, I wish they would just go off one universal time and go with it.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I would prefer eliminating DST. It has lost its usefulness and I dont like "loosing an hour" of sleep once a year.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
It should be adapted so that Children don't have to go to or come from School in the dark.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I also dislike the manual changing of all the timers/clocks at home (mobile phone, oven time, microwave time, land phone, etc.). The only one that automatically changes is the time on my laptop.

viLky

ykLiv
I also dislike the manual changing of all the timers/clocks at home (mobile phone, oven time, microwave time, land phone, etc.). The only one that automatically changes is the time on my laptop.
My computer does it for me, however it changes the time back a few days earlier than it's suppose to. Now instead of doing nothing to it, I have to change the computer clock 4 times each year. Err... Obama's first task better be to get rid of DST.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
It's a total waste of time.

It means we get even less time in the winter and too much daylight in the summer.

Why not leave it to even out the year.