What do you think God is like?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by FutureTrackStar, Nov 22, 2009.

1. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

What do you think God is like? What do you think His attributes are? Is He a He, or is He a She? Is God like a robot, or more like a person? Is God loving, or full of hatred? Is God a big dude in the sky? Was God created by something/someone else? Is God active in our lives? Will God punish certain people, or accept everyone?

What do you think?

(Most of you know who I am, and what I believe, and how I tend to debate. For the sake of making this thread a learning experience and a place to share, I will only ask questions if I feel it will lead to more healthy discussion, and will make no statements about my beliefs).

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I think god is a pretty cool guy. eh watches creation and doesn't afraid of anything

Twitch likes this.
  3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I think we already know what god is like, he's been written in the good book many times....

He is good, peaceful yet vengeful.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think if there is a god, that he/she/it is nothing like we assume and possibly exists on a level that we cannot understand or even comprehend. I think it's silly to assume god has any animal traits like gender, demeanor, looks, etc.

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Yeah like a whole different being altogether.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Not even. Most likely god cannot even be described as a "being". This is where my latent Catholicism kicks in (thank you childhood CCD classes) because I'm someone with a creative mind, something the church tends to look down upon since creativity is meant for god after all and no one else. Thus, some fragment of me that still believes in god has teamed up with my creative nature and come to the conclusion that any divine thing is most likely so far beyond what we can imagine that it would fry our brains to witness it.

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

No matter what different ways we imagine what God is like it'll never be what he really is.

8. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

- To clarify, you think every property of God, every characteristic, is completely and utterly ineffable? In other words, both the entirety of God and any part of God are indescribable?

Is that how you would describe Him/Her/It?

- Is that how you imagine God? (What happens if I apply that statement to itself? Or is that not allowed... ?)

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm sure God is a pretty cool dude and I hope I get the chance to chill with him, smoke some of his pot, and find out what he's all about.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't think you ever get to meet God. I believe God will have messengers. God is the biggest celebrity there is. I don't think God has a gender, hence me saying God in every sentence.