• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you think about Italians?!

Forty

Italian news always say that abroad Italy is associated with good food and arts...
I'd like to know what do you really think about Italy and Italian people! :)

P.S: Sorry for my bad English!!

Dekzper

Registered Member
I think Italians are way cool. They love life, their foods are amazing, and I love the clothes they make! Marcoliani makes the best socks and I'd almost die if Prada ever quit making leisure suits. And I love the movies too! It's just incredible how much Italians contribute to the world.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Italian news always say that abroad Italy is associated with good food and arts...
I'd like to know what do you really think about Italy and Italian people! :)

P.S: Sorry for my bad English!!
Well, I once took a trip to Italy, and......and yeah, absolutely everything I did there had to do with fantastic food and the arts, so I'd say that's an accurate picture of how people view Italy. I also remember very clearly the stunning rural landscape.

People (at least in Canada + US) also associate Italians with pretty language, passionate speech, some of the finest wine in the world, and flamboyant hand gestures.

EDIT - And history. Lots and lots of history there.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've never been to Italy, but would love to go. I know I would love it for all the reasons mentioned already.

As far as Italians go, I find them a little rough around the edges, probably due to their intense passion for everything they do. I work with an Italian guy - he's a chef, go figure - and he is borderline sexually harassing anyone with a skirt. So I guess we could throw in love making with all the food and art and history when we talk about the people.

I went to the Italy vs. Slovakia game during the WC, and let me tell you, you do not want to be near them when they lose at something.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I spent a week in Italy and visited many of cities, including Florence, Pompeii, Venice, Rome, Milan, Sorento, and... I think that's it. But there might be another. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had. The food was amazing! The people were so friendly! It was absolutely wonderful.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Well, I once took a trip to Italy, and......and yeah, absolutely everything I did there had to do with fantastic food and the arts, so I'd say that's an accurate picture of how people view Italy. I also remember very clearly the stunning rural landscape.

People (at least in Canada + US) also associate Italians with pretty language, passionate speech, some of the finest wine in the world, and flamboyant hand gestures.

EDIT - And history. Lots and lots of history there.
The history, God I want to go there so bad. I can only imagine how good their food is. My last name is originally Italian and there is a small town that is hundreds of years old by that same name, and when my uncle went to Italy he took a picture with a sign with that name just on the outskirts of town.

Dabs

Registered Member
Italians.....does Sophia Patrillo from The Golden Girls count?? *haha*
I don't know any Italians, and I have never been to Italy. But I enjoy Italian food :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The only thing I like about Italians so far is the food!!! I haven't lived in Italy but I have tasted its food because it has a lot of common points with Albanian food.

hughes_collector

Registered Member
Well, I'm part Italian, but I don't give Italy or Italians much thought most of the time, any more than I think of Irish, English, or Germans- of which I also am part.

It's all good. Especially the cuisine.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
aww yes.... Italians...

When I think of Italians I think of loud obnoxious people covered in hair. Sure they are the Pasta Capital of the world.... but they're also the Catholic Capital of the world to. Soooo that kinda loses some points in my book. I enjoy Italians... I know a bunch and am related to even more via Marriage; I love me some italians.

I know its a stereotype but Im dead serious when I say it that everyone I've ever known fall into that same category of Loud, Obnoxious, Talk with their hands, and are just generally abrasive overall.

but thats just my opinion. mi scusi!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HalfEatenSurprise General Discussion 4
viLky Bathroom Wall 3
Fresh NBA 1