What do you like/dislike about traveling?

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I dislike the packing, the long car rides, and the lack of privacy... Especially regarding bathrooms, for personal reasons and just the fact that I hate public bathrooms (which is also for a personal reason. :lol:)

Blueyes

Registered Member
I despise the unpacking part when I get home. Other than that I don't like waiting in long lines or in places where I can't drink to pass the time waiting for the next connector flight. I dunno what the heck I'm going to do when I go to Tennessee next June with a pack of kids. I know I really could use that drink in the airport with them.

RTWmaniac

Registered Member
The best part of traveling, for me, is the people. I love interacting with locals and laughing at cultural differences or language barrier problems. I also love meeting likeminded travelers. Some of them have traveled all over the world and I could pick their brains for days. Food is often a highlight for me as well.

The worst part for me is getting off a multi hour bus or train ride and having to find a room and negotiate a fair price. This is especially annoying when you're hungry or when it's dark out. I also hate unpacking when I get home.

I love flying and packing all my stuff and un packing when i get there and just relaxing for a week or to. the thing i hate about travelling is the delays at the airport and having to stand in a line waiting to check in .

I hate that XL has gone under i liked flying with them xxx

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
I like planning the trip, the traveling to the location, experiencing new things, and taking lots of trip photos.

I dislike packing and unpacking, airports, realizing how much money you spent, and not sleeping in your own bed or using your own bathroom during the trip.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like planning the trip, the traveling to the location, experiencing new things, and taking lots of trip photos.

I dislike packing and unpacking, airports, realizing how much money you spent, and not sleeping in your own bed or using your own bathroom during the trip.
I don't mind the bed, but I don't like having to adjust to new pillows. Some are too soft or too hard that it hurts my neck when I sleep on them.

Likes: Simply going to places I've never seen before and being able to say I've been to X location.

Dislikes: The fees, waiting and complications in travel times, assuming you're going far away. Not to mention the moment you realize you eventually have to leave said place.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I LOVE to travel. The only part I would dislike would be any driving, if I had to do it...and leaving my dog behind. I hate asking favors of people, so really dislike asking someone to look after him for me.