What do you like/dislike about traveling?

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by ysabel, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like the planning part, the moment I buy my tickets or book hotels, the actual ride towards my destination (plane, train, car), discovering new places and meeting people.

I dislike the packing (especially when I have to pack for others too, like my kids), the unpacking when I get back from the trip, the ride back from my destination that signals the end of the trip and back to "reality", hassles like delays in flights/train or problems with missing/lost baggages (one time my checked bags went to a totally different country!), and bank account balance after expenses have been deducted.

When going to another country, I don't like the lines in the immigration area (especially the US counters, reminscent of Disneyland waiting lines).

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I like receiving the tickets as it confirms I am really going somewhere which excites me, arriving at the destination and unpacking.

I dislike the journey because I'm not great at travelling and packing because I always feel like I've forgotten something and it puts me in a panic.

3. leomay

leomay Registered Member

i like the scenery and sense of relax.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I like the planning part, getting to see new places, eating at new restaurants, etc.

I hate packing/unpacking, and waiting at airports and airport security.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

i like all the traveling eg the plane/car rides .... like airport security cos it makes me feel safer :lol: ... love actually being at the destination

dont like packing and unpacking... dont like planning... dont like immigration lines

6. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Packing and unpacking: always a pain in the ass. We usually tend to take way more clothes than we need. Although the last time we went to Florida we managed to hold it down to one bag each and resolved that if we needed anything else we'd just buy it down there.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I like getting there, relaxing, having fun, and spending way too much money I wouldn't usually lol.

I dislike unpacking and a lot of times I just stay too long so for the last day I just feel done with the vacation and I want to be home. That and I always miss my friends and my dogs.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

there's really nothing about trips that i hate, I love everything about them except for simple stuff like waiting at the airport, sitting on a plane for hours, sitting in the car for hours, etc...

Packing isn't the greatest but hey it doesn't bother me all that much.

Arriving at the destination is the best it's such a great feeling.

Going places where you pretty much never go is also really cool.

9. Captain_travel

Captain_travel Registered Member

I love travelling! Not really fond of the staff on the plane.. But I love everything else!

10. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I like seeing new places, experiences new things, being introduced to a different culture. The whole thing abouth sharing a special experience with someone.