• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you like about Australia!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've been seeing so many US/American threads in here lately that it's starting to feel like this us a US only forum. What do you like about America, would you live there, would you live outside etc etc. While those threads are great I think people from other areas of the world should start up threads for their countries too.

So, here are some things I like about Australia. Feel free to add any of your own.

-Our wildlife. Since Australia is just a big island much of our wildlife has developed here over thousands of years and is unique only to here. Knagaroos, koalas, wombats, platypus, birds our thousands of unique snakes and lizards, hell even all our rare species of spiders.

-Cleanliness. I know this is a strange one but I have travelled overseas before to a few different countries and compared to many places I have visited Australia is a very clean country. By that I mean the streets in general are just cleaner, obviously there is some litter here and there but generally this is a very clean place.

-Diversity in the landscape. Since Australia is such a large country we have a real diversity in landscape. Great beaches all around the coasts, bushland and scrub land, large rain forests, sweeping deserts through the middle etc etc. It just keeps changing.

-Multiculturalism. Since Australia was founded by a bunch of convicts, we have since been a land that basically anyone can come and live. In my town alone we have a festival once a year to celebrate how vast multiculturalism is in Australia. People from all nationalities have come to call Australia home over the years which is great. It's also great for our food as we have basically every single type of restaurant here.

-Our money. It's colourful! I know many people think that's lame but I just love it. I've travelled around to different areas and money seems to be mainly dull greys, browns pale whites and greens. But then I come home to our brightly coloured money and I love it.

There's just a couple for now. I'll think of more as I go.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I love the culture, the people and the weather. Just the general atmosphere is really similar to NZ and perhaps that's why I like it. Reminds me of home. I could definitely live there but only in the cities. I don't think I could handle the spiders/snakes/etc that i'd be more likely to come across in the outback.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I've never been to Australia before, so I can't judge it like I can with the US. So, I'm sure it has a ton more qualities than I can give it credit for, but I will say the wildlife sounds fascinating and the scenery looks beautiful.

I do love the way everyone seems so chilled out and relaxed over there. And the sense of humour. My favourite TV adverts are definitely ones I've watched from Aus.

Also, Neil Robertson.

DrHasslein

Registered Member
-Our money. It's colourful! I know many people think that's lame but I just love it. I've travelled around to different areas and money seems to be mainly dull greys, browns pale whites and greens. But then I come home to our brightly coloured money and I love it.

There's just a couple for now. I'll think of more as I go.
Agree! I love our money. Why other countries are still using paper is beyond me. I saw a report on TV a couple of nights about how hard it is to make counterfeit copies of our bank notes. They're packed with security features, micro print, hidden objects that can only been seen when held up to light etc.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
The health system - Medicare. That is all.

The fact that our Government always helps out stranded Australians if there is a natural disaster anywhere in the world.

The fact that when there is a natural disaster in Australia, WHOLE Australia gets together and donates money to those affected. The Black Saturday is an amazing example of the Australian generosity.

We have unique animals. We are an unique country too, we have the biggest rock in the world.

FOOTY! - The most amazing sport ever. The one event where everyone from your team's supporters instantly becomes your best friend at the footy.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ah yeah Aleks, Medicare is awesome! I love that feeling whenever I have to have some form of surgery or dental work then I can go to medicare afterwards and get heaps of the money back.