What do you hate more: Noobs or Amateurs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panik100, Apr 8, 2006.

1. panik100

panik100 Guest

My definition of a noob is someone who has no idea what they're doing and probably needs someone to teach them how to do it properly.

My definition of an amateur is someone who knows what they're doing yet does it poorly.

So what bothers you more? The fact that someone might be clueless at something or the fact that someone thinks they can do something but do it horribly wrong?

Begin your debate!

2. I HATE NOOBS MORE TIMES 9999999999999999999999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

whats this world coming to...

at least amateurs know what they're doing

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I have a different definition for that. Mine is that a noob is someone who either (a) knows what they have to do, or (b) doesn't know what they have to do. However instead of either (a) doing what they have to do, and/or (b) learning what they have to, they do their own thing and piss everyone off.

However, because that definition tends to be for the world wide web, and video games, I'll be taking your definition of noob and renaming it newbie.

Honestly, I prefer newbies. Reason being is that I sometimes like tutoring them on how to do things.

*EDIT* And before you say "But you can do that with amateurs!", I prefer to start from scratch.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Newbs, because with n00bs, all hope is lost while newbs can still learn.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

My definition of amateur is different. I think amateurs are people who are just learning what to do and trying to improve, while noobs are people who aren't making an effort. So by my definition, I like amateurs more.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont really mind neither of them, because they both make your message board really good. Also you gotta remember that you where all noobs when you first to post on forums, so just give them a chance.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Newb is the correct term there Vince. A n00b is an abnoxious bastard who thinks he/she knows everything and usually spams/flames.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think a friendlier term for a new person would be a Newbie. I think they're the actual new people who are trying to learn, improve, etc. n00bs are like new people who get on people's nerves.

I'd say n00bs bug me more. To me, n00bs give a bad felling on you and your surroundings.

9. merob

merob Boom!

I never had a problem with either. n00bz and amatures are people that need help regaurdless. I never had an issue taking the time out to lend some decent advice. Lets face it, we're all n00bs at some point or another. It's always cool making friends with a noob in a game, and watching them develope.
    What I hate, is people who badger noobs. Half the time the ones who talk the most are pretty weak themselves. I was playing Gunz the other day. I was about 17pts ahead of everyone else in game. This dude kills me once and calls me a n00b - despite the fact my score is 17-4 and his 2-5. Starcraft players are natorious for this type of behavior. I haven't gone a single game with out n00b beefs. ugh.

10. Blur

Blur iPimp

I dont mind newbs, cause everyone starts off as a newb. I suppose i dislike amateurs.