What do you do with all the books you have read?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

After moving mine and my wife's book collections I began to wonder just what do you all do with your bocks once you have finished them?

Do you take them to a book reseller for trade, credit or cash? Or do you just put them on shelves to gather up dust, or in boxes for storage?

We tend to put them in boxes to take to the Book trader for credit. I find alot of GN in those shops too, and it comes in handy to have the credit slips.

This might sound bad but, I even keep an eye out at yard sales and the dirt malls for the big name titles and I pick them up for trading fodder at the stores that give good trade credits for them.

So how about you? What do you do with all the books once you are finished reading them?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Mostly they go to the attic or are donated to the library.

I don't tend to reread most books. My memory's too good and remember the plot too much to enjoy any of the original feeling.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I tend to keep them. Some are good enough that I can reread them even though I remember a lot of it, and I still enjoy it. Others, if I don't reread them for a really long time, I virtually don't remember, so it's almost as good as the first time I read it.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
modest as ever, Kaz.

I keep them to reread, usually several years later. though the plots are familiar, I can always take away something new. for instance, i've read Ender's Game once a year since I was nine, I know it pretty much backwards and forewards, but I always take away something new from it. go figure.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Mine go to the attic, but that ones I know I'll reread, I store them into a shelf.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My collection builds fast (especially when I was younger and I'd read more than watch DVDs). When they take too much space already I've sold them, or donated to charity, ask people from freecycle paris if anyone is interested in the titles, give away some complete series to my cousins, or mom....

I keep some titles with me. Those books I know that I love to re-read even every after 3 years and other reference books.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I keep them. Sometimes I like to go back to an old book for memories. I like to keep my collection because each book I read means something to me and will remind where I was in my life when I was reading it.

They tend to collect in the area near my video games. Once enough get piled up in that area I'll start putting them in a box and stuff them above my closet.

I don't know why I save them since I never re-read them. >.<;

Last edited: