• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you do to stay in shape?

T

The Batlord

I eat. Though that doesn't really keep me in the shape that most people are looking for.

A

A.M. Radio

I've decided that it is impossible for me to get in shape. I barely eat, I ride my bike upwards of thirty miles a day, even in the winter, and I still don't lose weight. But, well, I am healthy.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
some people are naturally like that. you don't have to be real skinny to be considered in shape. you just gotta have low cholesterol and stuff like that

P

pasteycracker

I try to eat right.
No meat. No eggs. Occasional milk.... however I'm trying to cut it out.

Lots of veggies, beans, rice, fruit, whole wheats and stuff. I try to avoid processed "fake meats" and such, however I am a sucker for tofu. I try to avoid cokes and stick with water. I buy organic when I can. Blah blah blah. And for those thinking I'm going to whither up and die... Before I went on this diet I weighted roughly 225 (I'm about 6'1"). Now I'm around 200. So I'm completely happy with it. :]

As for exercise... HAHAHA. I would if I had time. Once school ends and I quit my job I'm going to start exercising more. Probably run a couple times a week.

Blur

iPimp
No meat and no eggs sounds horrible. haha i eat so much meat and eggs is a kick ass breakfast

good that youre at a weight you like though thats what counts

P

pasteycracker

I thought it was going to be really hard at first... I did it pretty gradual... But I've actually been introduced to tons of new foods that I probably would have never tried if I still ate meat. I never had chickpeas until I went vegetarian... and my god they are amazing. :]

And since I did that I've gotten loads better at cooking. hahaha.

D

Drky

pasteycracker said:
I try to eat right.
No meat. No eggs. Occasional milk.... however I'm trying to cut it out.

Lots of veggies, beans, rice, fruit, whole wheats and stuff. I try to avoid processed "fake meats" and such, however I am a sucker for tofu. I try to avoid cokes and stick with water. I buy organic when I can. Blah blah blah. And for those thinking I'm going to whither up and die... Before I went on this diet I weighted roughly 225 (I'm about 6'1"). Now I'm around 200. So I'm completely happy with it. :]

As for exercise... HAHAHA. I would if I had time. Once school ends and I quit my job I'm going to start exercising more. Probably run a couple times a week.
I used to be around 6'1" and 270 pounds, now I am around 185-190.

I am a health fanatic. Unlike you though, I stick to my meats and lean sources of protein. I train at the gym and train others. I do high-intensive running about three times a day, and high intensive strength traning about 3 times a week every other week.

I have a very detailed nutrion and workout plan -- going to be joining a sponsored team in the summer to do shows and train. We'll see how that goes.

I got pictures for those who don't believe the 270 -> transformation, lol.

O

OVR 06

bein' on the football team my freshmen year pretty much got me hooked on strength training.

i've always had a pretty regular program of weight lifting throughout high school.

D

dias2525

Yeah I think sports is perhaps one of the best ways to lose weight. Although I think you should still try to ride your bike or walk to where you want to go. Hey, if you lose weight can it effect your height?

Ã

Æshættr

I would imagine that you would grow taller if you weighed less, seeing as your body would not need to build limbs to support the extra weight.