What do you do on your lunch break?

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Bliss, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

There aren't many places to go where I work unless you drive so I have to stay in. I always have lunch with two of my friends and then we go for a walk around the Industrial Estate so that one of my friends can have a smoke. They are a couple and usually take time off together so if they're ever not around I'll just sit at my desk and go on the Internet. I really need to learn to drive so I can get out of there sometimes.

Doc likes this.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I mostly sit at my desk and surf the internet. I work at a very large company that is short on parking...so if I leave, chances are slim that I would be able to find a parking spot when I came back. Anytime I go out to lunch with friends I request that they come pick me up. lol

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sometimes I'll go out to a restaurant to eat with my co-workers, but most of the time I go to the gym for an hour. It's free and it's a good way to waste an hour. I've been doing it for a year and half now. I just eat my lunch at my desk while working when I come back.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

I eat my lunch on my lunch break. And smoke.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I usually stay at work if it's just my regular 1 hour lunch and eat.

I always put in to get an extra lunch so sometimes when I get a 2 hour lunch, I go home and play Playstation.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'll usually just stay at work, get some food, and read a book or something.

Occasionally I will go to the bookstore or pick something up at Best Buy.

7. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I surprisingly never eat lunch on my lunch break. My college is located right next to the Central City mall, so that's where I crash with a couple of friends.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I just eat my food and then go back to work.

in my area there isnt a close Food Outlet within a 5 mile radius, so that means I'm stuck either spending my entire lunch driving to get food, then having to rush eat it when I get back.... or just pack a lunch and enjoy my 30 minutes that way.

if I can do it.. I will normally do my lunch at my desk. However thats not always the case. The majority of the time my boss likes to go over "status reports" during lunch with me. The whole "how far along are you with XXXX Project, Where did the numbers fall with that Other project" etc etc. The kinda stuff that makes you feel like you're not taking a lunch rather than just a shitty meeting with food.

9. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

It depends for me. When I was working at the coffee house downtown, I would take short walks around the block. I'd eat at one of two places in distance: a Chinese buffet and a sub house. The coffeehouse had food but I only enjoyed the bakery, I'm not a wrap and sandwich guy at all. Boss let me eat whatever at the espresso bar, nobody cared. So I'd break there and chat up the crew.

When I was working at the factory, I had a car & bike w/ a bike rack on the back. The factory was located right on our popular Cannon Valley trail, so I had access to it from just a few feet away from my car. When it wasn't winter, I would bike the trail or go under the bridge and sit by the creek. The bike trail had a bridge of its own under the highway, so I could hide under there and catch a breeze. If I wasn't in the mood to bike I'd just eat in my car and jam out, it really depends on the weather though. When you work in a crappy industrial factory that doesn't have AC by the time break comes around - you want to GET THE HELL OUT. At least I did...

All I really do when it comes break time is try to get distance, eat, dream about zombies, or jam out. I can't get into books while on break at work.

10. Hypnoticmeg

Hypnoticmeg Registered Member

I usually run errands or just stay in the office. I used to go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx just to browse, until that turned into always finding something i "just had to buy" lol