• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you do after receiving a card?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What do you do/how do you act after receiving a card from a friend?
Do you thank them? Do you say anything about it or you just act like you didn't receive anything?

Usually I let them know that I received their card and I thank them about it.

I sent someone a Xmas/NYE card from Albania and not only didn't he thank me but he also didn't let me know that he had received my card, firstly. [We Skype everyday, btw]. Today I asked him if he had received my card and he said yes and then said nothing.... and after a couple of hours he skyped me again talking about something else.
I don't think that's normal. :shifteyes: lol..

Bliss

Sally Twit
Very strange that he wouldn't thank you. Rude actually.

I always thank someone if I receive a card. It's the courteous thing to do. I usually follow it up with 'It was sweet' or something along those lines.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
When I recieve a card I typically send an Email or a pm to let them know that i recieved it and thank them. It's always nice to know that somebody that I haven't seen in awhile still remembers me.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yep I will always thank someone for sending a card in a scenario like the one you mentioned. Though if it's just a standard holiday/birthday card from a relative or whatever, I will only really mention it if I speak to them soon after by just dropping a "oh and thanks for the card" into conversation.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it depends what kind of card it is. I am not going to contact each person who sent me a birthday card or Christmas card and thank them for sending it.

The only time I would is if I saw them in person or was talking to them or something.

I got a get well card from the people at work when I was sick for a month and I also got one from work when my grandpa died...for those instances I thanked them.

Dabs

Registered Member
I send them a card back....via snail mail :)

Dekzper

Registered Member
It depends on the card here! :lol: If it's from an older relative I usually say something about the card and send them an e-card. If it's from one of my cousins or friends, I decide what to say about the card (depends on the card) then either send them a cool e-card or one they didn't wanna get! :D But hey, no way I ignore them. And if the card's cool (or nasty) enough, I usually try to catch them in chat first! :D
And it's the same for snail cards too.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Freeking Hallmark.
A card is an open invitation for more communication. You can choose to communicate more or not.
I think Hallmark holidays are dumb.

I enjoy sending cards.
I don't just send them at birthdays or anniversarys or other special days...I also send them on "just because" days :)
People like me keep the Hallmark company happy~

redroses

Registered Member
if someone sends me a card i normally spit on it then chuck it away!

lol oj
normally i will thank them for it the next time i speak to them...it would be rude not too.