• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What do you collect?

Sian

Registered Member
I used to collect model horses. Not the plastic ones made by Breyer (although there are many people who collect those too), I collected limited edition resincast models. The exciting part of this hobby is going to the shows. Model horses compete just like real horses do and get ribbons and wear fancy saddles and the whole nine yards. This is the website of a friend who sculpts and paints: Aspen Leaf Studios, LLC - Jennifer L. Scott . I've known Jenn since before she was in high school and now she is one of the best in the hobby and her models sell for a lot. people practically fight to get them. Another friend makes little saddles for them to wear and compete in and writes a blog:
Braymere Custom Saddlery: Gallery . I think she has pictures on there somewhere of things I made her once.

This hobby turned into too much of an addiction for me and I dropped out and sold my collection a few years ago.

Impaired

Registered Member

Single Malt Scotch.

I have quite a few swords and knives but not sure if I collect them. I just like them a lot.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's an awesome scotch collection, @Impaired!

I collect comic books and Magic: The Gathering cards. I guess you could say I collect books, as well.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I collect books, but not many novels. Instead I collect mostly textbooks. And when they get old I replace them with a newer book that's usually about the same subject.

I own a book about astronomy that's about ten years old. But I'll have to replace it soon because it's a bit outdated, as astronomy is a rapidly evolving science. They discover so much nowadays.

Impaired

Registered Member
That's an awesome scotch collection, @Impaired!

I collect comic books and Magic: The Gathering cards. I guess you could say I collect books, as well.
Thanks. I love books and own tons but don't consider them a collection. Just a by product of loving to read. Ditto with comics, I have some - I have every issue of Heavy Metal magazine since the early 80s, but again, I don't collect them. I read them and am too cheap to throw them away.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I also collect magazines, such as recent editions of Web MD, Smithsonian, and Sports Illustrated.