What do Believe Happens After Death?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I just thought of an answering question and would like like to find out what other members here believe.
As you know in this life we eventually die. At this point what do you believe happens after death?
I will give you a list of possibilities unless your answer isn't on this list...

that you remain unconscious forever
your believe in reincarnation and live another life
you believe you'll go to a place called heaven
you believe that your spirit or ghost will wake up and roam the Earth
you believe you'll go to a place called pergatory in between Earth and Heaven.

Ok these are the options if your choice isn't here then tell us what it is.
People can debate the issue if they want.

As for myself I'm not going to debate. I'm just going to use words like I believe or this is my belief.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe you find yourself before God, giving an account for your life. If you believed in Jesus and made Him Lord of your life, living a life to that effect, then you will spend eternity in Heaven. If not, sadly I believe you will go to hell—a fate hard to wrap my mind around, but a fate I believe is made very clear in the Bible nevertheless. Basically, I am a Christian and I believe the Biblical account of what happens after death.

Impaired

Registered Member
If those who have never heard of the bible and Jesus are truly thrown into a lake of fire then I wish no place with such a God.

I believe the body rots. I believe there is more to a person than just a body. I have no idea what happens to that after death. If nothing else, it will still be part of everything - you could call that God.

I am an agnostic. I don't know the answers and accept that there are answers I cannot ever know.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Catechism 846 and 847 teaches:

846How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.​
847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.​

The issue is called "inculpable ignorance". In other words, if someone, through no fault of their own, was not exposed to Christ and the teaches of Christ, they are judge solely on their actions, and whether they would have been good Christians had they known.

In the Apostles Creed it states "He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died, and was buried. He descended into Hell. On the third day He rose again." The teaching is He descended into Hell to save those who were not exposed to the Church because of inculpable ignorance.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The Bible, in the book of Romans and elsewhere addresses the issue of what happens to people that have never heard. The good news is if you've never heard and all you understand is there is a creator who deserves praise and worship, you won't be thrown into hell and will be welcomed into heaven.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I think that this answer is not that easy and more complex then one might think. I believe in God and that the bible has the answers of what we would need to know. Even though this acronym may be true to some to others it's not so true. The letters HOLY means He Only Left You...Bible means Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth...

This means that God knows everything but even though we read the bible we don't know everything because we're not God. If it was simple enough to read the bible and to know all the answers we would have no reason to pray to God or ask him things. For example when the disciples asked him about the last days they asked Jesus when would this be? When Jesus told Nicodemus you need to be born again. Nicodemus asked how could this be?

So if Jesus is the Son of God and teaching the word of God and questioning him we to can question things about the bible. Somethings are sure that we should know and other thngs remain to be a mystery. For example how can God sit on the throne and be able to from one place see everywhere at the same time? There are many mysterious questions and that's why it makes him God.

Now the question remains what happens the second when someone dies? Now you know that Enoch and Elijah were taken into heaven. There are some scriptures that tell about how some went directly to heaven when they died. There are others that show you don't go immediately to heaven.
For example in the Book of Daniel it says they will be raised from the graves. And they will be judged for their works whether good or bad. Jesus also raised Lazarus from the tomb on the 4th day. Jesus also said to the people she's just sleeping. In Thessolians it says for those who are sleeping shall gather to Jesus first. Then those of us who are alive will gather to him.

So my belief is that after someone dies they remain in the grave. When Jesus returns Jesus will gather the believers from the graves. But because Jesus is coming down to the Earth doesn't mean that they are going to heaven. The bible teaches that the old Earth will be destroyed and a new earth will be created. I believe when Jesus speaks of the Kingdom of God he's not talking about the heaven that God dwells. On the new earth you will be in the presence of God.The sun will not be our light because the sun produces heat and God doesn't want us to suffer. God will produce a new light for people to see well. There will be no suffering at all. As for those that don't enter the Kingdom of God will go to a place called Hell. There's nothing down there but a lake of Fire. You don't have to go down there if you just accept the Lord as your God and Savior.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I am of the christian faith and I believe in heaven and hell and all that comes with it. There is that logical side of me that wants evidence, but from a spiritual standpoint I find that we all believe in things that are beyond the realm of reality and sometimes in life there is more than the eye can see.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I am of the christian faith and I believe in heaven and hell and all that comes with it. There is that logical side of me that wants evidence, but from a spiritual standpoint I find that we all believe in things that are beyond the realm of reality and sometimes in life there is more than the eye can see.
Honestly the older I get the more I see evidence of God and Jesus. Through the years I've looked at biblical prophecy, evolution, dinosaurs, history, archeology and other things and I've come to a point that the evidence is so heavily in favor of the Creator and redemption through Jesus that I can't see where there is an argument against it.
I used to have some of those same doubts but I really don't anymore.