what disappointed your parents?

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
what about you disappointed/disappoints your parents? what about you made it hard for them to love you?

what hasnt?? uh ok so i didn't go to med school like my sister, which wouldn't be as big of a problem if i had decided to go to law school instead but i didn't even do that! i dropped out of highschool, i moved back home, i have trouble finding a job, i adopt a bazillion pets.... i'd continue but seeing as i hear this stuff everyday, why repeat it unnecesarily?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Mom tells me I'm her greatest kid. :lol:

I think my dad is disappointed with me getting married just at the time he was "back" and had more time to be dad to me. Sorry, but I can't play single child just because he was late becoming a dad.

wooly

I am the woolrus
i drink too much. Never a cause for making it 'hard' for my mother to love me though. I'd never question that... unless i like killed someone but i can't see that happening any time soon.

Edit: not that i can see it happening in the distant future either! :p

The fact that I leave school assignments to the last minute...or a week after it's already due. I have improved, this year, though.

I don't feel I've ever disappointed mine really. Not to say I'm perfect. Far from it. I've just always done my best to make them proud and never really screwed up, yet. My dad was probably not happy with me supporting Man Utd instead of his beloved Wimbledon though. :-/

wooly

I am the woolrus
My dad was probably not happy with me supporting Man Utd instead of his beloved Wimbledon though. :-/
just wondering does he now support MK dons or AFC Wimbledon?

Got to feel bad for Wimbledon fans.... after their team just kind of.... evaporated.

wolfheart

Registered Member
My parents were upset that i did'nt go to college,i would have been the only one out of 5 kids.
Was offered a place but had had enough of school and teachers,so turned it down

@wooly.. ;)
just wondering does he now support MK dons or AFC Wimbledon?

Got to feel bad for Wimbledon fans.... after their team just kind of.... evaporated.
Good question. He follows both really. The name change, switch of stadium and disillusionment with the board meant most of the old faithfuls gave their support to AFC and he felt the same. AFC is more recognizable to him and Wimbledons soul is there but with their current positioning, they're obviously harder to follow. He reads the match reports on their website mostly. They've been promoted three times since forming and are two more away from the conference I believe, when they'll be much easier to keep tabs on (and perhaps even see! he can't get to games any more - getting on a bit).

MK Dons don't have any resemblance at all to the 'crazy gang' but they have a really ambitious chairman and they were Wimbledon at the end of the day so he still has a soft spot for them.

Last edited: