• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question What difference would it make, if the world were Atheist?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'll take that as you have no idea and your premise isn't well thought out. There is no need for mercy and forgiveness since everyone is saved and when asked why Jesus asked that people be forgiven the best you can give me is He was setting an example. An example for what given you can be as heinous as Hitler and still recieve salvation, who knows.

Mickiel

Registered Member
I could care less about your opinion of my views and how well thought out they are. My thoughts garner enough attention every where I post them, including here; and if you think they are not well thought out, then why are you reading them?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You mean COULDN'T care less. By that same logic, why do you keep answering if you couldn't care less? I was trying to prove a point, a point about how flawed your reasoning is. Obviously you don't see it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
By the way, appealing to attention is a logical fallacy. Kim Kardashian garners lots of attention also. Doesn't mean much.

Mickiel

Registered Member
The attention does not mean much to you, as a writer it means something to me. I have you're attention, so I hope not to waste it on trivial name calling and insults. You borderline on that too much. And usually on trivial small matters. And that is tiresome to me at times; times that you just don't feel like the mundaneness of it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You misunderstand me. I never said attention doesn't mean anything to me, I'm saying you used attention, in your claim about how much you garner, as evidence your thoughts are well thought out. As to your second point; I haven't called you names nor have I made insults, which I find ironic given your claims about Christians, such as myself and being blind and my alleged lust for punishment.

Bottom line is despite your fall back responses of having a gift of reading ( and implying the rest of us can't read, but I digress) and everyone who disagrees with you as being blind, you can't answer simple questions in regards to your premise. Your premise is pretty strong, and you seem to be passionate about it, but I wanted to see if you could defend it. I'm sorry if you having to defend it is offensive, but that's usually what happens when you render an opinion. I have no problem defending my Christianity, I do it almost every day.

Mickiel

Registered Member
What difference would it make if the world were Atheist? I think in some ways we would be better off, and not so in other ways;

I personally think it would make no difference that would be of substance.

Mickiel

Registered Member
Yet one big difference between Theist and Atheist rule, " In my view", that I think is unknown but very true; God wanted this world to be in confusion and turmoil when he returned, and the most effective way for that to be as it is now and always has been most of the time, is to Have Theist rule or Theist influenced rule. Although I think it would be little difference in humanity as a whole , the religious component will add the confusion and deception that God wanted to exist.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
What difference would there be if the world were Athiest? Well there wouldn't be wars and crimes based on religion. Instead, they will be based on something else. Human's are nothing more than animals. We are no different than ants, dogs, cats or fish. We have these little thumbs... that's about it. Red ants attack black ants. Some species of dogs attack other species. Species of fish attack other species. Without religion humans will still find a reason to kill each other off. I'll enjoy my Athiest way of life... and eh, if I am wrong, the Pope already said Athiests have a place in heaven. Pretty sweet gig, if you ask me. Not that I believe in any of that.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
One big difference would be that men and women would be more equal. Anywhere you look in the world where women are treated worse than men it's because of religion. I'm talking about forced marriages of children, female genital mutilation, being kept out of school while boys go to school etc. Almost in every corner of the world to varying degrees throughout history women have been treated as less than men all due to religion.

"
This view that women are somehow inferior to men is not restricted to one religion or belief. Women are prevented from playing a full and equal role in many faiths. Nor, tragically, does its influence stop at the walls of the church, mosque, synagogue or temple. This discrimination, unjustifiably attributed to a Higher Authority, has provided a reason or excuse for the deprivation of women's equal rights across the world for centuries.

At its most repugnant, the belief that women must be subjugated to the wishes of men excuses slavery, violence, forced prostitution, genital mutilation and national laws that omit rape as a crime. But it also costs many millions of girls and women control over their own bodies and lives, and continues to deny them fair access to education, health, employment and influence within their own communities."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html#ixzz3fjJJbBCR"