• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question What difference would it make, if the world were Atheist?

Mickiel

Registered Member
Repentance is not given to everyone now, most of the people who don't repent are blinded to it; which is WHY Jesus asked God to forgive those who were killing him on the cross; he said, " Father forgive them because they do not know what they are doing." Humans who are not repenting do not know what they are doing, so your religion " Quick draw condemns them." Your religion teaches that now is the only day of salvation, not understanding that God actually planned that most of humanity be opened up and given their salvation later. know the scriptures. In John 12:32 Jesus said " If I be lifted up, I will DRAW all men to me." The word draw here comes from the Greek " Helkuo", which means to DRAG!

And there has NEVER been a time yet in human history that all of humanity have been dragged to Christ; but its coming Christian; you may not like it or believe it, but we all make it in. Even the bad ones.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There is a massive difference between those men who nailed him to the cross and those exposed to Christianity now. By the way, why would Jesus ask God to forgive them if they don't need forgiveness and are forgiven anyway?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Well Jesus is judging humans here, and I think one of those books opened is the bible itself. Death and Hell ( the grave) , are cast into this lake of fire , and that is called " The Second Death". So the death of the first death, is the second death; or the first and only way we know about death , is eliminated. And whoever was not in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Now death is not a person or a being, its more of an event; a happening, and that will just never happen again. And there will never be any graves again. No one will ever die again; so this Lake also symbolizes God putting an end to things. In Mark 9:49, Jesus taught that every human will be " Salted" with fire, or seasoned with it; meaning we will benefit from it. The Lake of Fire has more than one use; and I see those who are thrown in, will be " Salted, or seasoned" with the experience. But I am not Christian, thus I have no need or desire to see damnation in verses like this. I see hope and purification coming to all of humanity in this verse.
I am intrigued by this interpretation. I shall have to investigate it's consistency with scripture at a later time.

- Cham

Mickiel

Registered Member
Because that is how Jesus is, he will always ask his Father to forgive , because he already knows how his Father is; God likes to forgive; God likes to give mercy, he likes to extend grace, which is why there is no condemnation to any human.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
But why ask for forgiveness if asking for forgiveness isn't needed? If God wasn't going to condemn the Roman soldiers, why ask for them to be forgiven?

Mickiel

Registered Member
To teach us and be an example us as to how we should be; we should be forgiving and explaining how God will forgive; instead running around preaching condemnation and punishment.

Mickiel

Registered Member
That is because more and more young people are rejecting the old traditional views of this horrid hell. Its the older Pastors who are holding on the tightest. But Christians are still way too hardline on unbelief, as if they were born believers themselves.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
To teach us and be an example us as to how we should be; we should be forgiving and explaining how God will forgive; instead running around preaching condemnation and punishment.
You aren't answering the question. Why would there be a need to explain how God will forgive if there is no need for forgiveness?

Mickiel

Registered Member
Oh I answered the question , just not good enough to suite Captain Obvious cynicism. As long as sin exist, the need for forgiveness will exist. I grow tired of your cynical refusal to accept an answer as not being one. Debate with such people is meaningless and frustrating. They are never pleased; never learning and never able to come to the truth; because their cynicism is more important than the truth.