What controls u more, ur Head or Heart?

xkayxx

Registered Member
What do you tend to follow more your head or your heart? Do you use logic to solve your problems, or do you follow your emotions?

P.S - since I'm new to GF I don't know whats been posted already, so if i duplicate anything from b4-I'm sorry.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I have a problem with following my head more than my heart. I know I can get screwed over from listening to my head too often however, following my heart has hurt me so many times in the past that it rarely seems worth following.

At work it the hospitals it is hard to get a good balance of following your head and your heart. You know you have to listen to your head, but there are times emotions are so strong it is hard to not be upset when you know you need to pass things off and hide your emotions.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I follow my head and convince myself it's the 'right' thing to do. There are exceptions of course, but it's easier to live with knowing that you thought a decision through.

OverLoad65

Registered Member
I have a problem with following my head more than my heart. I know I can get screwed over from listening to my head too often however, following my heart has hurt me so many times in the past that it rarely seems worth following.
Oh I hear that that! I'm so sick of being hurt that the only thing I ever tend to listen to has to do with protecting myself and refusing to take a chance.

I heard this quote once, "Trusting the ways of my vulnerable heart." I think that says it a little different with new meaning and perspective. I listen to my heart and trust it. However, my vulnerable heart also knows how badly it has been hurt in the past. So it says different things than it used to. Whether for better or for worse.

Thelxiepeia

Registered Member
Looking at society, you can see the big difference between people who follow there logic, and emotions.

Emotional people tend to land themselves in jail more often the logical people. This is becaue they base there actions off of spur of the moment decisions. They are the idiots of the world. These are the people whom are so easily manipulated. This emotional thought is most likely the result of chemical and hormornal reactions in the brain. I'm sure that it is genetic. This is why you can see a major part of a specic community in a specific situation compared to another with a more logical genetic type.

Generally speaking, anyone who follows there emotions, even if they are smart, and rational, they will never really be someone huge in life.

A truely logical person can be an idiot also. They tend to be much more successfull due to there better understanding of the way people work, as well as society. It would take a logical person with enough logic as to know how to appeal to the emotional massed to be a successfull politician. This is why the emotional people see so much lieing in poltics, because the logical polticians couldn't possible tell the emotional people the truth, becasue they will simply call him evil, or an idiot.

In conclusion, the emotional person who complains so much about political lies are the reason those half those lies exist. Becasue they haven't the intellectual capacity to understand where the logical politician is comeing from. Say, for example, the politician wants to support the choice of mothers in 3rd world countries being able to choose to have an abortion. This, in the emotional person's view, is murdering a baby. "Omg, that poor, sad little baby will not be able to live, and grow up." But, in the logical person point of view, you can clearly see that he is giving the mothers a choice as to what there future may consist of, not to mention helping to control world population which we all know is out of control. Specially in developing countries where the availablity for abortions are minimal.

So yes, even in this situation, you see that the emotional people only think about that one circumstance, where the logical person sees the entire view. But, naturally the logical person has to soften the blow to the emotional people.

So yes, all you EMOTIONAL people, who see nothing beyond your own nose, congrats, becasue you are the people who make half of political scandals real. Becasue you are to fanatical to be able to understand reality.

Sorry for the harshness in this, im really upset because i just realized that some people in this forum have no logical thought what-so-ever.

/flame on emo people

OverLoad65

Registered Member
So yes, all you EMOTIONAL people, who see nothing beyond your own nose, congrats, because you are the people who make half of political scandals real. Because you are to fanatical to be able to understand reality.

Sorry for the harshness in this, im really upset because i just realized that some people in this forum have no logical thought what-so-ever.
hmmm... interesting. Dealing with some internal struggles? :stare:

And how the hell did politics get thrown into this? :sigh:

Everyone goes through it at some point. It's part of growing and developing. You went threw it, too; and for all intents and purposes, probably still are. Despite whatever explanations you tell yourself in your own private pillow-talk at night.

Truthfully, I really liked what you had to say, and I am not just saying that because of your avatar pic. However, the way you say it screams your own personal struggles regarding these issues. :shake: Perhaps some more tact and diplomacy could be very beneficial? As well as staying on topic. :nod:

Last edited:

Thelxiepeia

Registered Member
Why do I need tact and diplomacy?

Are you saying that I need to soften the blow for the emotional people, becsaue they will not understand the logic in what I said?

OverLoad65

Registered Member
Why do I need tact and diplomacy?

Are you saying that I need to soften the blow for the emotional people, becsaue they will not understand the logic in what I said?
I don't care how you say it. And I especially don't give a shit for weak-minded people. We share that same sentiment. I was just passing some friendly advice about what others read into the things you say and how you say it. They will tend to get projected right back on to you.

The empty can rattles the most. :nod: (I'm not saying that about you. honest.)

Last edited:

Thelxiepeia

Registered Member
HAHAHAHA OMG I GET IT!

thats the best saying iv ever heard

that saying will follow me for life. everytime i hear an idiot go on and on, i will think about that saying and laugh, and the idiot will wonder why im laughing at him.