What comics are you reading right now?

Unity

Let’s Go Bluesss
Staff member
:spidey: :batman:

Because we don't get a lot of individual comic book threads here on GF, I'm hoping to start this as a running thread to post about what comic books and graphic novels you are reading. If you're really into a book and feel like discussing, make a post here!

Some example aspects to discuss in case you need help getting started:

-Characters
-Historical comparison
-Teams
-Setting
-Writers
-Artists
-Publishing company

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm not reading any at the moment, (unless you count the Left 4 Dead 4 Part Arc a couple of months ago) but I do have some comics on order. I was finally able order Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore (hardcover edition for 40 buck.) I should be getting it in the next week or so, so I'll let you know then how I like it. I can't wait to read it because of how notorious it is.

I'm also gonna start reading The Walking Dead comics since I've become heavily invested in the show as of late.

Unity

Let’s Go Bluesss
Staff member
I've never read The Killing Joke and really have wanted to add that to my collection of Trade Paperbacks (hardcover would be sweet too). Let me know how it is!

I bought the two first giant collections of the Walking Dead comic...it's really, really good and different enough from the show to enjoy. I'm behind on those but will likely start reading again when the show starts back up.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Some example aspects to discuss in case you need help getting started:

-Characters
-Historical comparison
-Teams
-Setting
-Writers
-Artists
-Publishing company
This is gonna sound really dumb. I was rummaging through some of my old stuff in my closet and I found a shoebox that contained none other than the my Bionicle Comic collection. I used to get these regularly for being registered in the Lego Club. I always found them to be quite entertaining. I had most of the lego sets shown in these comics (still do actually).

Anyway, I pulled some out and started reading through the first seven or so of these. To be honest, the setting is great, the artistic style is fantastic, but the story just isn't quite all there in my opinion. (in some aspects it outright sucks :lol:) I just feel that it could have been so much better than it is. I like them only for the nostalgia now.

The story follows six mysterious warriors with elemental powers that wake up on the beaches of an island (all separately) and join forces to take on the forces of evil. Sounds good right? Well, nothing is really ever explained all that well and they introduce one villain after the other without wrapping up the storyline for each.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Deadpool, Deadpool Killustrated, Avengers Arena, and The Superior Foes of Spiderman. My boyfriend buys a lot of serials so I have others at my disposal bu that is my current pull list.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
The only comic I'm reading is a web-comic, if that counts. It's called Gunnerkrigg Court; I highly recommend it. I've never actually read a physical comic.

ALonelyTemplar

Registered Member
Well, I am reading Disney's comics all the time! You know, Scrooge McDuck, Donald Duck etc. I am currently getting advantage over a Sunday paper's offer. They are giving away each Sunday the collectable Carl Barks Library. Now, if I live in the US or even in the UK I would definetly go and buy some Spiderman comics. Unfortunately here in Greece there is no place for classic American comics, because, they do not sell that much.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I got back into Batman: Death of the Family after a pretty long hiatus. Instead of picking up where I left off, I went right back to the beginning and started rereading it from the beginning. I still have about 21 more issues to burn through before I'm done. So far I'm loving the League of Smiles. Merrymaker + Joker = epic tag team. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Batman deals with them. The first Catwoman issue from the arc was pretty boring and predictable. Blah. I wish it was handled better since Catwoman is my favourite character but what are you gonna do.

Oh and I'm also slowly making my way through the Fables comics. I liked the video game but the comics are pretty slow. If the story would pick up a tad, I would have more incentive to read them.