TV What comedies did you watch this week?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What was the last funny movie you watched and was it good??????

I saw Harold and Kumar yesterday, I watched Happy Gilmour two days ago, and watched Dumb and Dumber sunday night. What's your list look like.

Jakey-D

Registered Member
Comedy movies suck in general. I wouldn't waste much of my time watching them.

Sitcom tv shows like scrubs are better are they writers arent forcing themselves to find jokes.

TimmehD

Registered Member
Balls of Fury for the second time last night.

It's an okay movie, really just a time-killer but I'm never too critical when it comes to comedies.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't want very many comedies. Do Seinfeld reruns count? Watched several of those. :D
If I counted Seinfeld I'd be watching comedies like 5 times a day lol. You cant go wrong with it.

marsupilami

Registered Member
I watched Hot Fuzz the other day. Thats one hell of a movie.
really? I thought Hot Fuzz was highly over-rated, all the funny bits I'd already seen in the trailers.. same with Shaun of the Dead.

Really sorry to say this, but I reckon Simon Pegg's best days are over. The series he wrote with Jessica Stevenson, Spaced, was amazing!! After Black Books its my favourite British comedy show, and theres cross overs in both between all the actors.

Run Fat Boy run wasnt very good either.

Watched Super Troopers the other day, great film! "littering and.. littering annndd... littering annnd.. smokin' the reefer!" .. "i'm freakin out maaan!"

DLFerguson

Registered Member
Comedy movies suck in general. I wouldn't waste much of my time watching them.

Sitcom tv shows like scrubs are better are they writers arent forcing themselves to find jokes.
Agreed. Most comedies today I watch and I honestly don't see why they're supposed to be funny

padd

Registered Member
Agreed. Most comedies today I watch and I honestly don't see why they're supposed to be funny
Yes & No

comedies are just a movie to chill out over, have a beer, and spend time well wasted. The best drama or action movies have some good humor anyways.. take Goodfellas and Pulp Fiction for example. So when it comes to comedies you shouldnt be to critical.

As far as comedies go; the only names that stand out to me are Home Alone and The Godson (watch this movie if your a fan of scorsece's old stuff, it pardodies mafiosi movies.. i got a good crack @ it). Seems like every year the same comedy gets released anyways.

really? I thought Hot Fuzz was highly over-rated, all the funny bits I'd already seen in the trailers.. same with Shaun of the Dead.

Really sorry to say this, but I reckon Simon Pegg's best days are over. The series he wrote with Jessica Stevenson, Spaced, was amazing!! After Black Books its my favourite British comedy show, and theres cross overs in both between all the actors.

Run Fat Boy run wasnt very good either.
I have loved everything Simon Pegg has done. I loved what I've seen on Spaced. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are two of my favorite movies. I can, and have, watched each one multiple times and they never get old for me. I also really liked Run Fat Boy Run. It is the first romantic comedy that I really enjoyed. There is something about Simon Pegg that just makes me love the guy.