What city's should have a hockey team

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are 30 teams in the NHL some people say some city's shouldn't have hockey teams do you have an other city's in mind that should have a hockey team?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think the NHL should contract down to around 20-24 teams. And definitely have more teams in Canada. Quebec and Winnipeg should get their teams back. Phoenix, Florida, Tampa, Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, and any other southern cities, should not have hockey teams.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
cities.

I agree with Echoes, southern cities should not have hockey teams. Winnipeg should get their team back, but I think Quebec should get another team. I don't have a problem with the Avalanche, well aside from the obvious. I mean I don't have a problem with Denver having a team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I'm surprise you guys mentioned Winnipeg and Quebec, didn't expect anyone to mention them. But I totally agree with you guys those two cities need an NHL team once again, they have the fan base, and Winnipeg as an arena, the only thing that Quebec needs is a new arena the Collisee is worthless now and they couldn't play a full season at that arena.

But I have to disagree with you Dave, the U.S doesn't need a new franchise because they wouldn't make good revenue in my opinion and their would be a lot of empty seats.

Echoes I also agree with you when you say they need to take out some teams. But I have to disagree with you with the Stars, because they have a good crowd at their games, there's not a lot of empty seats at that arena, unlike the other teams you mentioned.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Echoes I also agree with you when you say they need to take out some teams. But I have to disagree with you with the Stars, because they have a good crowd at their games, there's not a lot of empty seats at that arena, unlike the other teams you mentioned.
I just think it's weird to have a hockey team where it never snows. But you're right, Dallas does have great fan support.

Turbo

Registered Member
i agree on Quebec and Winnipeg getting teams back, Canada is hockeys birthplace and should be established fully in Canada.

Also, the amount of teams is just nuts. with 30 teams and 16 of those getting a playoff spot, you having almost half the league playing into june. with less teams the fight for a playoff spot would mean more....or cut down the amount of playoff spots.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
A 24 team league with eight playoff spots would be perfect, in my opinion. But I'll save that for another thread.

i dissagree with you echoes. If theres less teams them everyone plays each other alot and not as much players get into the NHL. Also if theres only 8 playoff spots the playoffs would be shorter. Every hockey fan loves the playoffs. The playoffs are where all the realy competetive action is. If you cut playoff spots, you cut playoff games, and you cut alot of good things that people love to watch. Which also loses money for the TV stations and the franchises

I think San Diego should have a team!!! Really that's just because I'm a Rangers fan from Brooklyn and moved to Chicago for a long while where I could at least see hockey in the form of the Blackhawks which was barely hockey but now I'm out in S.D. where there's nothing! It's a nightmare. I guess they had some minor league team here but they moved out. This place can't even support a minor league team!