• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES What Character Do You Play the Most in Super Mario 2?

I just realized how strange it is that Mario has always been an average jumper, but in Mario 64 he suddenly was able to pull off all sorts of flips and the such.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's probably because he's the only main character to play as in that game.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, it's because Mario looked the most like the character who was like that in the original Doki Doki Panic. Super Maro Bros. 2 is really Doki Doki Panic with a fresh coat of Mario paint. All 4 of the characters' controls are like that simply because of the way Doki Doki panicked. It's why Luigi doesn't do insane jumps anymore and why Peach doesn't float anymore (excluding Super Smash Bros., though it's made by a different company so that's probably why).

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Dokie Dokie whaaaaa...???

ummm...... either you're as high as a kite....

or I'm just totally clueless and have not the slightest idea what you're talking about

*watches in bewilderment as everyone else now acts like they know exactly what he's talking about too*

post-post disclaimer: entire post is a joke ^

Teorropy

What the heck is Doki Doki panic, I have never heard of that game. Are you just making that up? :lol:

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Wait wait wait, I can't tell if you're joking or if you really don't know. Which is it? The laughing part is throwing me off. And it is a pretty well-known fact.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Just in case you're not kidding, SMB2 was a port of another game because they thought that the original SMB2 would be too hard for the American market. It's now SMB Lost Levels on the SMB all stars game on SNES.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Toad is a man now? hmmm.... how cool would that be if they made a Famous Cartoon and Video Game Child Stars show on E! and Toad showed up there all grown up and everything. I bet he'd be gay though. He seems like he could be.