• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES What Character Do You Play the Most in Super Mario 2?

yooperchick

Registered Member
I almost always use the Princess. I know she is a wimp and picks things up so slow, but I think her floating ability is awesome. I've tried going through as far as I could with Luigi, but the man is a loose cannon with his jumps. Toad is just too small, but for his size he is one strong cookie. And Mario, he's average and I could sometimes do well with him, but the Princess is so much better.

Wrecked

Registered Member
most of the time it was Luigi cause he has his wicked jump.

sometimes i would use mario. and how does mario run so fast if he's so fat?

yooperchick

Registered Member
Wow. So far, Luigi is da man. I just found him so hard to control. There are some places where he is advantageous to get to higher spots, but many times, there is something else around that can help the other characters (well, probably not Toad, though). Like the Ostriches (not sure of their "real" name). They always came in handy to get to higher ground. I find the Princess valuable for cutting corners.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
It was all about Luigi. The great thing about him is that if you get into trouble, you could just jump up, and then have basically an eternity while you decide how to handle the trouble below. Very convenient for damage control.... and for the lazy bastard gameplayers (like myself) who want a break from having to make split-second reactions from moment to moment (like with toad).

I used the Princess most often because of her floating, but Luigi is a close second for me. He's got a great jump, but I prefer the control I have over the Princess as she floats.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I always used Toad... cept for those stages that required the floating ability of the Princess.

Toad was able to pick up the coins the quickest, and on certain stages it was possible to get a butt-load of coins with toad... I used to be really good at getting extra lives with those coins... so it made my games last a very long time

Teorropy

Yeah, I use Lugi on it, most of it, but some of it I use Princess because of her floating trick. I really haven't played that game in a really long time. My wife and I usaully play Mario 3.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Luigi can make some amazing jumps sometimes and save a ton of time and effort getting through the hardest of parts. There's even this one level (I think it's world 5) where you can skip the castle and main boss (that crab guy) entirely if you back up really far on the outer platform and run all the way down to the end and jump at the last possible moment as far as possible. It's awesome. Princess can go a long way with her float jump too, but I think in terms of distance alone from the same liftoff point, you can't get any farther than Luigi. The only way the Princess jump is going to surpass that of Luigi in distance is if you jump her off a higher place with no running room.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Gotta be Luigi. In fact, he's my favorite of the Mario brothers. He just seems to have more of a personality than Mario. And green is better than red, can't forget that. Ofcourse, in Super Mario Bros. 2, with the different controls, he was also my favorite strategically. Those jumps are lifesavers. Toad and Mario's jumps were a tiny bit too small for me. My second-most used was Peach.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I use Luigi because of that awesome jump he has, and sometimes Mario because he's Mario, and very well rounded. I never use Toad because he's just too small and slow for me, and I use the princess occassionally just because floating around is fun.