• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

what cap should Roy Halladay wear?

lucha_HABre

Registered Member
What cap should Roy "Doc" Halladay wear when elected to the MLB Hall Of Fame

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope he goes in a Toronto Blue Jay, and I personally believe he has the same feelings because that's where it all started for him. That said, his two biggest achievements were a perfect game and a masterful no-hitter in the Playoffs were accomplished in Philadelphia. So, I believe he goes in with a Phillies cap.

DarrylMHB

I think his 12 years in Toronto will give the Jays the edge, although, I'd be ecstatic just to see Doc in the Hall, even with Philly.

willge87

Registered Member
He also won a Cy Young with Toronto which is a notable accomplishment. I really hope it'd be with a Blue Jays cap and that the hall wouldn't be swayed by the no hitter and perfect game. I forgot, is it up to the player or does the hall choose?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
OlTimeBaseball said:
Easy there buddy boy, he is not a Hall of Famer
Best pitcher in baseball over a 10-year stretch (2002-2011). Two Cy Youngs, two runner-ups and two other top 5 finishes.

He's a Hall of Famer in my book, though he might not make it the first year (and who knows how crowded the ballot will be in 3 years).

And if you still want to use the wins standard, his winning percentage is 17th all-time, better than Roger Clemens, Sandy Koufax, Jim Palmer, Dizzy Dean, Juan Marichal and Bob Feller, among others.

I'm not sure it's a guarantee he goes in. I do believe he is a Hall of Famer but I thought Carlos Delgado was as well. If it happens it will be in a Blue Jays hat.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
OlTimeBaseball said:
Easy there buddy boy, he is not a Hall of Famer
Best pitcher in baseball over a 10-year stretch (2002-2011). Two Cy Youngs, two runner-ups and two other top 5 finishes.

He's a Hall of Famer in my book, though he might not make it the first year (and who knows how crowded the ballot will be in 3 years).

And if you still want to use the wins standard, his winning percentage is 17th all-time, better than Roger Clemens, Sandy Koufax, Jim Palmer, Dizzy Dean, Juan Marichal and Bob Feller, among others.
Ask Jack Morris. Winningest pitcher in 1980's 168-119 in his career had three 20 win seasons(254-186 overall) and played on 4 World Series winners. He didn't have the Cy Youngs like Halladay but I think Morris is a HOF'er.