• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What can you cook?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I typically don't cook - my roommate/landlord does all of the cooking.

She's gone to Mexico for a week so it's going to be Sloppy Joes, Sweet n Sour Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Alfredo, Pork chops... and I haven't got pass Thursday. I love making Stir Fry, Steak Subs, Beer battered shrimp, southern battered chicken, taco salad, any type of meat on the BBQ! The list goes on and on... I once made my own banana fritters with caramel sauce.

willge87

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
BJBirdy said:
I actually cannot cook eggs to save my life. Yes, crazy, I know.
I can cook eggs, but six out of ten times I'll screw up my scramble eggs. There always too liquady.
My problem is fried eggs and omelettes and usually revolves around "cleanly" flipping them over.

rolewiii

Ya'll make me feel like a three Michelin star chef.

I do most of the cooking in the household. Some favorites include Greek recipes like pork with leeks and celery, or chicken/beef with feta in phyllo pastries. Others include wood-fire charred chicken wings, many types of soup (I rarely make the same soup twice), nachos with whatever leftover meat I have (with appropriately similar toppings), chicken paprikash (a Hungarian dish), feijoada (national dish of Brasil), jerk chicken (Jamaica).

Currently I'm looking to make a real nice cassoulet, a nearly-forgotten old French stew with pork, duck, and many other ingredients.

I also pickle my own leeks and garlic, make my own jerky, and brew my own beer.

thegreatone1964

Registered Member
My wife is a great cook and that has made me pretty fat, so I don't cook much anymore. I used to make a great baked chicken dish with Italian dressing and butter and garlic - you put all of the dressing, butter and garlic in the bottom of a dish and then cut up red potato slices and then finally lay the chicken on top of all. Garlic and salt and pepper the chicken and pour a little Italian dressing on top. Bake at 400, flip over about 30 minutes in and all of the great stuff from the bottom goes to the top. Cook another 30 minutes and hopefully the potato slices will get a little crispy. You gotta love Italian dressing, but if you do, it is an awesome dish.

willge87

Registered Member
thegreatone1964 said:
I haven't made it in 10 years. use enough Italian dressing and it stays moist. Should be fine. If not - my bad.
Thanks for the recipe--may try it if I have time.

BTW, I'm about to see if I can make Shake n' Bake Chicken and Mashed Potatoes.