• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What can uBid offer that eBay can't?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

I was poking around at uBid today and I was wondering what uBid could offer that ebay can't besides the free listing fee.

I sold toys, comics, collectibles and movie props on ebay and have recently stopped selling on their cause of all the BS and fees.

Will we be able to personalize our auctions?

Can we use as many pics as we need?

Can we change the fonts?

Will HTML and imaging codes work on there?

Is there a feedback section or a happy costumer section?

How do you handle disputes?

Is my info safe?

Above all what can uBid do for me that ebay can't.

Thanks

~Night~

karenlyn

Registered Member
From what I've heard (mostly on this site and others like it) is that uBid gives you almost all the things that eBay does, without the listing fees. So many of us are disillusioned with eBay lately that that's starting to sound pretty good, honestly. I checked out the site and it looks really good.

Penguin

Registered Member
So, if I go list the things at uBid, are there a lot of people using it? Will the things be as likely to sell as it would if I listed at eBay?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
uBid.com is the #2 auction website in the world, second to only eBay. They have a significant amount of traffic and members interested in all sorts of items. Just look and see how many items they have listed in each of their categories. :)

uBid_UCM

<b>uBid.com</b>
Wanted to answer the questions asked by Nightsurfer. More of a straigh uBid/ebay comparison can be found under my original post "Hello from uBid.com". Hope this helps- if not feel free to reply with any other questions.

-Kate P.

Will we be able to personalize our auctions?

All of our auctions are set on a template to keep them all looking similar. We do this in order to even the playing field between sellers. All sellers sell under the uBid name, with the same auciton set up. If you use html to list your auctions, you have a little more room to change things up, but we block a lot of code to avoid loud auctions and competition between sellers.

Can we use as many pics as we need?

you have a main gallery of 4 pictures, and then through HTML you may add an unlimited number of pictures to your auctions within the description.

Can we change the fonts?

Font it set to arial, you may use bold and italics when needed.

Will HTML and imaging codes work on there?

Is there a feedback section or a happy costumer section? We keep all of our feeback internal. Our customer care and quality control departments keep tabs on all of our vendors. Generally, problems are very limited due to our extensive screening process, but when action needs to be taken against a vendor we deal directly with the vendor in question.

How do you handle disputes?

Customer care handles disoutes between customers and vendors. If it is an issue we can resolve, you may never know it was brought up. If we need to involve the vendor, we will contact you directly and work with you to resolve the problem.

Is my info safe?

Your information is encrypted, and applications are ONLY viewed by our certified applications department. At uBid.com we pride ourselves on keeping things VERY secure.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

Thank you (uBID_UCM) for taking the time to answer my questions.

I will be looking into doing some small toy and comic auctions with uBid in the near future.

I will also to look into a store setup as well.

Thanks again for answering my questions. :)

mamab

Registered Member
If uBid is that comparable to eBay, I think I will check it out! I haven't been on that site yet. I guess it's time I do. Thanks for the posts explaining the differences.

hokeshel

Registered Member
I am impressed with the no listing fee. Those fees have prevented me from listing on ebay before. It also looks like the ubid allows you to make listings a little more unique.

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Wow. I think I may have to try testing out some auctions head to head, uBid against eBay. It really does look good, and the carrot of no fees sure is sweet... :)

mynameisCat

Registered Member
So, I did a bit more looking around at uBid today...as my guy, a rabid eBay type points out, people tend to go to auctions to try and get a bargain. It seems to me that there are fewer actual bargains on uBid, with things starting closer to retail, at least in the areas I checked. Hmmm. Will have to keep doing some research...