• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Are Your Top 5 Favorite TV Shows?

Konshentz

Konshentz
What are your top 5 favorite shows of all time?

What are your top 5 favorite shows currently still on TV?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Amazon and places like that count this is my list.

The Expanse
Lost In Space
The 100
The Terror

Right now I can't think of a fifth one that I really like that is still on.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Futurama
Doctor Who
Breaking Bad
M*A*S*H
The Wire

Edit: I didn't read the OP oops.

Doctor Who
Better Call Saul
Rick and Morty
Picard
Westworld (but it's slipping, imo..)

Konshentz

Konshentz
Top 5 All-Time:

1.) The Sopranos
2.) The Office (US)
3.) Lost
4.) Breaking Bad
5.) The X-Files/ Game of Thrones

I can't break that tie. I love both of those shows. They both had incredibly strong starts and they also both had pretty lackluster endings. And for totally different reasons. X-Files needed to end much earlier and GoT needed another 10 or so episodes. Overall I still think they are both top tier shows.

Current top 5:

1.) Stranger Things
2.) Schitt$ Creek
3.) Letterkenny
4.) Westworld
5.) Archer

I struggled to put together that top 5 and I kinda cheated. Schitts Creek technically just ended. I am not as deep into the TV scene as I have been in the past. And I haven't seen the bigger shows like Better Call Saul, The Outsider or Watchmen. But I do enjoy the shows I listed a great deal. With Stranger Things the only one I still actively countdown its return like I did with GoT, although to a lesser degree. I also haven't started season 3 of Westworld. So that could always drop off.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Game of Thrones would have ended up higher on my list if it wasn't for the horrible, horrible ending and poorly written last two seasons. It Dexter'd the whole series for me.

I did forget about Stranger Things. That's a better show than Westworld for sure.

dDave

V.I.P.
All time

Chuck
LOST
Seinfeld
The Office

Still airing

Last Man Standing
The Grand Tour
Sherlock (yes, this show is current)
Top Gear

^don’t think I watch anything else that is still on. Can’t think of anything else.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
For All-Time favourites, I'll go with the following (in no particular order) because they've completed their runs on TV:

• Oz
  • The Sopranos
  • Angels in America
  • Mad Men
  • Chernobyl

Honourable mention: Game of Thrones, had a bit of a shaky ending but I can appreciate it for what it was. 🤷‍♀️

Current favourite shows that are still on the air and in no particular order:

• Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Stranger Things
  • The Trixie & Katya Show
  • Letterkenny
  • Big Mouth

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don’t have a current top 5. But here are my all-time favourite shows.

All in the Family
Cheers
Sons of Anarchy
The Honeymooners
Three’s Company

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh boy...this is tough...

All time:

The Office
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad

Those three are on it but I don't know what else to add. Do I add Parks and Rec? Monday Night RAW? Family Guy? South Park? Not sure.

Right now I am watching Community and Better Call Saul but that's all. For now.