• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies What are your thoughts on Matt Damon?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think there's two groups of Matt Damon, you either really like him or you really hate him. I've never met a lot of in-between fans. I personally believe he's a great actor, and he's proven in recent years that he can portray different type of roles. He's really came on strong in recent years, and his considered to be in the top notch actors of in today's movie business. A lot of people call him for different roles.

So what are your thoughts on Damon?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
He's not bad, I liked him in True Grit. I wouldn't say he is one of my favourite actors out there but I do like him.

Impact

V.I.P.
He's a pretty good actor, but I don't really make sure to watch his movies like I do with some actors. I still think of the Team America and the whole Maaaat Daaamon thing whenever I hear his name.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
I like to watch him, but I won't go out of my way to see him. He is a very good actor but I don't HAVE to see his movies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm not a crazed fan, but I think in a lot of respects, he's underrated. What I love the most is that he hasn't grown into a Hollywood snob. Basically, he can still laugh at himself and he can still put out a damn good movie when he wants to. His best role for me to this day is still in Good Will Hunting.

My favorite scene that isn't the "it's not your fault" scene is this one, I think it got the biggest reaction out of me.

YouTube - Good Will Hunting Closing Scene (Elliott Smith- Miss Misery)

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I think he's a good actor and while I don't immediately rush out to see everything he makes... I do make an attempt to eventually see most of the stuff he's in. My favorites are the Bourne series and Rounders.

Dabs

Registered Member
I think the only movie I have ever seen with him in it (that I can remember) is the newer one: HereAfter. He was a good actor, but the movie was a let down.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm in the really love him camp, although I can't say that I rush out to see his movies. I don't generally rush out to see any movie, but if he's in a movie, that will definitely add to its appeal for me. I think he's one of the best actors around.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I've not seen many of his movies. I do think he's a pretty good actor, his first role I fell in love with would be Loki from Dogma.

I've not even seen Good Will Hunting. It's on my to-do list. I like him, but don't really go out of my way to see his movies.