• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are your thoughts on Economist?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty simple question here, I was wondering what were your thoughts on Economist?

Do you believe they're full of it? Or they put in a lot of thought on what they say, and most of it is true?

C-Mach

Registered Member
From my reading of The Economist, its accuracy varies from article to article and issue to issue.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Economics is not like science where you can conduct an experiment and see what is true and what is not. There are different philosophies that can be subscribed to. Most of them know what they are talking about in the sense that they know economics, but I may agree or disagree with them based on my personal philosophy.

I may not agree with Keynesian economics for the most part but I wouldn't say he was full of it and didn't know what he was talking about. I just subscribe to less government spending and more of an open market philosophy. I tend to agree with Hayek and Friedman more so than Keynes. While I can point to certain results in history to back up certain beliefs, you have to remember there are many many variables you have to take into account.