• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are your spending exceptions?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think that most people want to save money but have certain purchases for which they'll always make an exception and spend away.

What are some of your spending exceptions?

For me, at this point in my life, it's comic books and music. New comics every Wednesday is a nice stress relief during the week and I can finally afford to regularly buy something I like. Now that I have iTunes, music is easy to buy. I'm introduced to a lot of great new alt rock through Sirius radio (another purchase exception as I renewed my subscription for a year last week)...iTunes makes it easy to take that a step further and buy an album.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'd say DVD's, but I haven't bought any in quite some time.
I got a car in October when I passed my test and my spare money goes on that. I actually have a little car fund going as the MOT is coming up in April.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to spend money I shouldn't of on horses, saddles and stuff like that. I had more equipment than what I really needed. Now its more cloths, shoes, toys and not kids toys.:smokin:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I have to be fairly careful with my money - I get paid on the 15th of every month and all of my bills come out on the 1st. :lol: So you can see how that might be irksome. However, the two things I'll make an exception for are food (as in eating out or take-out) and video games. That said, I always make sure I've actually got enough money to afford the expenditure.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
There was a time when DVDs would be on top of the list. Now, it's traveling - which is more expensive!!!