What are your funniest misunderstood...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hughes_collector, Jun 30, 2009.

1. hughes_collector

hughes_collector Registered Member

...lyrics, quotes, or whatever?

For me, what comes to mind is something I heard on the radio a few years ago. Someone was quoting Barry Manilow, and it sounded like he said, "I was the hot flash of gelatin"! :lol:

Another one is the song, "Forever In Blue Jeans", by Neil Diamond. Ever since I can remember, I swore he was singing "Reverend Blue Jeans", and later I found out that many other people thought that too.

There are sooo many more, not just songs, but even things people around me say that I didn't hear right.

Anyone else?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

There is a used and new car sells man out here in California that does these commercials where the narrator says "Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal!". For the longest time I thought he was saying "Pussy cow, pussy cow, pussy cow.".

Usually, if I'm listening to rap or techno I can't make out what the lyrics are so I generally make up my own to go along with the beat. Strange, but, that's me. =P

3. D3struct0r

D3struct0r New Member

my friend ask me to go shop with him for new shoes[in hebrew "na'alaim"]
    and i heard "kabaim".. what's the word in english.. the 2 sticks you walk with when your leg is injured.. >.<

i guess you had to be they.. XD

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

You know that song Blinded by the Light?

The lyrics "revved by like a deuce another runner in the night" I always heard "revved up like a douche, another rubber in the night"

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

A kiwi band call The Feelers, and their song Venus. The actual lyrics say; Come my little Venus, Can't you feel, it's in all of us. One of my friends always thought the lyrics were; Come in my anus, can't you feel it in all of us. I can never listen to that song with a straight face any more.

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I always thought he was saying "Wrapped up like a doucher, in a roller of the night"

xD

7. hughes_collector

hughes_collector Registered Member

8. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

That Pussycat Dolls song...When I Grow Up, or something like that; one of the lines is 'I want to have groupies.' I, some guy on the radio and a few others, though it was 'I want to have boobies.'

I pissed myself laughing when i first heard it.

Impact likes this.
  9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Oh yeah, I remember he said "And come see my dog, Spot." From the current commercials I've seen I haven't heard him use that line anymore. Maybe due to the recession he had to pimp "Spot" out to the local zoo. =(

10. Asin

Asin Registered Member

When I was little, my mom always laughed at me because of "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam. I'd think "Jeremy's spoken" was "Jeremy's smokin'". My cousin's name is Jeremy...and I'd always say "Awww, Jeremy's smokin'? That's bad I'm telling Aunt Lola!"

Ah, not that funny. My mom thought it was though. :p