• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"What are you sorry for?"

thealigator

Registered Member
In the few relationships I have had and indeed in the friendships I have had I have often been asked to apologise for things, I often do or say things I genuinely don't realise are wrong. What gets me though is when someone is angry at me and to keep the peace I apologise. I am then asked "what are you apologising for?" and I will usually answer I am not sure at which point the person will get even more angry and ask again why I am apologising and have a go at me which makes me mad because the way I see it is at least I am trying to make peace and trying to make things right between me and the other person. Is there really so bad? I mean I can see the argument and that they may think "well if you don't know what you are apologising for then your apology is meaningless" at which stage I will get even more angry!

Am I the only who feels this way though? Is doing what I do the equivalent of the man who brings his wife flowers home for no other reason than he thinks it will fix everything and he doesn't need to try anything else? Or is the other person the bad person and should just accept that hell, at least I am trying?

What are your thoughts?

Impaired

Registered Member
What you can do and or say, "I'm sorry if I hurt you." You can follow this up with, "What did I do?" If they can't explain it, then the problem is theirs.

An apology is meaningless if you just say words without actually being sorry for something you said/did.

Impaired

Registered Member
I'm sorry for not learning to dance or play an instrument in my youth. HUGE mistake.