• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are you REALLY hungry for?

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Now I'd love something italian.:nod:
Would you settle for Italian-American?

Just kidding! My all-time favorite dish is orecchiette con cime di rapa.

Go to an Italian market and buy orecchiette. It's a small pasta that's shaped like little ears. If you can't find it, I usually substitute with rigatoni. Either way, use a 16oz box for two people.

When the water is boiling, put the pasta in and stir until it's almost done. Chop up some turnip greens into four-inch sections and put it in with the pasta (stems, too). Don't worry; it will cook down.

While that is cooking, line a frying pan with olive oil and sprinkle dried red pepper and minced garlic into the pan. If you want an authentic Barese flavor, add flat anchovies to it. Stir the pan.

Once the greens are tender and the pasta is done, strain into a colander and put pasta and greens into a large serving bowl. Take the frying pan and drizzle the contents all over the pasta and greens. Toss the pasta and enjoy!

Last edited:

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Anyone here from the midwest? If so there is a pizza buffet called Valentino's that is pretty awesome. I stopped by there the other day while driving back home from vacation. Basically it's an all you can eat pizza, salad, Italian, fried chicken and shrimp, and desert buffet. It costs around $7 or $8 depending on when you go.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back. It's only in the midwest though so I'll have to wait a while. :(
Where in the Midwest? Right now, I'm in Indiana.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I've never heard of them, but thanks! None in Indiana, so that leaves me out. Oh well. I eat at the finest Italian eatery around: "Cucina de Maledoro"! (My kitchen at home.)

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Would you settle for Italian-American?

I did, married one in fact!:D But that dish does sound wonderful, I may have to break down and try it.

Andrew, you had me excited for a second, thinking there was actually a decent pizza buffet in the midwest (I'm in MI) but I guess we still only have CiCi's which I would NOT recommend unless they have a free pizza night.
BTW only two of the locations are in the true mid-west MN and IA.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I guess we still only have CiCi's which I would NOT recommend unless they have a free pizza night.
Even then, I wouldn't wish free Ci-Ci's pizza upon human beings or pets. I can think of a more appropriate name for them; it rhymes with the current name and it begins with "F".

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Some good Mexican food would be good right about now. Thats what sucks about moving from Southern California to the east coast. Nobody around here knows how to make good authentic Mexican food. All I have is Taco Bell. I used to drive by and make fun of the place in Ca... *sigh* better days then, better days.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
We have a pretty good mexican place by us, it's owned by the nicest mexican family and the food is wonderful. Since I've never had the opportunity to sample "authentic" mexican, I'm guessing this is pretty close to the real thing.

Right now I'm craving something chinese.:)

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Hmm. We do have 2 really good Chinese places around here...and that does sound good...maybe after I get my paycheck tomorrow.