What are you Reading?

bishop_kain

Registered Member
Right now I am Reading an old book, Dick Tracy Adventures from the older days. It's not often that I will get a new book. So when I get the chance I go Book Hunting.:D Anyway What are you reading right now?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Right now I'm reading The Satanic Verses, The Firm, The Divine Comedy, Mein Kampf, and Animal Farm.

I have plenty of books in waiting, too.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm reading nothing at the moment. I keep meaning to read a few books but it's easy to keep putting it off. :D

Steve, Animal Farm is a classic. I had to read it in high school and I actually ended up liking it a lot.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to finishing it. I can do it in a sitting if I feel any compulsions to do it. I'm also reading The History in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking, and I'll probably finish that first.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I'm reading What Is Your Dangerous Idea? edited by John Brockman. He is the editor of Edge.

In this book, he asks the question, "What is your dangerous idea?" to top thinkers from various disciplines for ideas that would have had them burned at the stake centuries ago.

Ideas include:

"We Have No Souls" by John Horgan
"The Evolution of Evil" by David Buss
"Being Alone in the Universe" by Rodney Brooks
"Our Planet Is Not in Peril" by Oliver Morton
"Our Universal Moral Grammar's Immunity to Religion" by Marc D. Hauser
"Brains Cannot Become Minds Without Bodies" by Alun Anderson
"Science Must Destroy Religion" by Sam Harris
"Zero Parental Influence" by Judith Rich Harris
"Government Is the Problem, Not the Solution" by Matt Ridley
"Democracy May Be on the Way Out" by Haim Harari

Each idea is only two or three pages long making this an easy book to read for the layperson. To paraphrase Morpheus in The Matrix: "Free your mind! Read this book."

I just finished Mitch Albom's "One More Day" and now I'm digging into one of Mary Higgins Clark's old ones called Loves Music, Loves to Dance..she writes a pretty good mystery and does a great job with descriptions. I get irritated when reading a book that doesn't describe the characters and settings very well.