• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are you reading right now?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I started Coronado: Stories by Dennis LeHane and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by.... I forget who. The first one has been pretty good so far. I really enjoy short stories and it's nice to read some that are not written by King. The second one is.. well, a guilty pleasure movie that I actually kinda dig. Thought I'd see how the book was. The writing style has been pretty awful. But it's short, so I'll stick with it. I plan to make up for this nonsense by reading my first Hemingway novel next. Haha.

Impaired

Registered Member
Can you really learn much about martial arts by merely reading a book about it?

What do you think?
History and such, but the few times I tried from a book, when I finally had a teacher I had to unlearn what I was doing wrong.

Impaired

Registered Member
I'm rereading "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman" which is a magical book.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I just finished The Office: An Oral History. I really enjoyed it. Took me a bit to get used to the style it was written in but after that I was hooked. It was cool to get a peek behind the curtain of that show. Interesting to hear what happened at the end of season 7, what happened during season 8 and why we didn't get a 10th season. It also made me dislike the actress that played Jan. I can't figure out why she was so full of herself? Haha. But if you like The Office, I'd recommend this book for sure.

And now I am starting If It Bleeds. It's been awhile since I've read any fiction, but King hasn't let me down all that often, so I am confident I'll enjoy it.
I’m reading that now. I really like it. It gives a lot of behind the scenes stuff. I recommend it.

I’ve tried listening to “the Office Women” podcast. It’s too much of them rambling about nothing that I just can’t listen. I liked the behind the scenes stuff when they finally got to it, but it’s not worth listening to in my opinion.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Finished Coronado: Stories. Out of the 5 short stories, 2 of them were excellent. I enjoyed 'Running Out of Dog'. 'Until Gwen' was the best. The middle three were fine, but I won't ever read them again or even remember them in a few weeks. I'll probably stick with King for my short stories from here on out.

Finished Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Yeah, pretty much what I expected. The movie is quite a bit better. And that's saying something. Haha.

Finished Slaughterhouse-Five. My first Vonnegut novel. I was hooked by the third chapter. The story was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the writing style. My friend recommended reading Cat's Cradle next, saying that is her favorite of his.

About halfway through Animal Farm now. It's good, but definitely a step back from Slaughterhouse-Five. But it's short, so I'll be able to move onto the next book soon.