• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are you reading right now?

lancelover2u

1984 is an amazing book. If you can really pay attention and get into it, it will be well worth your time. I read it twice. Once in High School, and of course I didn't appreciate it. I read it a second time in College and became a huge fan of its political message.
------
I am currently reading Family Album by Danielle Steel. I am not a huge fan of hers but I had the book in my book cabinet and decided to read it and see if I liked it or not. So far, I am really liking it. I like movies and books that describe the past and this one does just that.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You should read A Clockwork Orange, Lance, or have you?

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
To be honest, I'm reading the replies here on General Forums, which I might add is fairly good.

Interesting as well.

Brandon77

Registered Member
Right now, I am reading the O'reilly Factor. Overall, I really like it, and though I disagree with some of his stances and viewpoints, I think it is a great book to read to educate myself politically.

newgirlintown

Registered Member
I'm reading the heroin diaries: a year in the life of a shattered rock star. It's the diary entries of Nikki Sixx in 1987. It's really good, and shocking at the same time. Not that I would want to do Heroin but after reading this I definatley wouldn't!

I'm also reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows, I've already read it and I've been meaning to read it again but have only just got round to it.

AdrienneEHouseman

Registered Member
I just finished reading Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs (my favorite author), and I am currently reading Milton's poetry for a class (and for the pure joy or it). And my A. E. Houseman poetry anthology is always being dipped into. Cause college is in term I have yet to start reading another novel. I have been reading one of Mercedes Lackey's Vanyel books for the past month and a half off and on. I forget to bring it back to my parents' house over the break so I didn't get to finish it. I'm going to try to do that sometime soon. I also reread a bunch of Patricia Briggs' older books over the vacation.

Adri

Fantasy

The White Wolf
I finally got my HP: Half Blood Prince back, so I'm rereading the whole series, then I plan to finally get around to reading Eragon.
I'm up to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, right now.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I just started re-reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. This is only the 3rd time I've ever wanted to read one again.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
My favourite author is Terry Pratchett, I love his Discworld Novels. They're a mix of my two favourite genres, Fantasy and Comedy. I'd reccommend them for anyone who likes these genres. I also like Terry Brooks, he's an amazing fantasy writer.

I enjoy Dan Brown too, the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons were fantastic.