• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are you reading right now?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My list has changed a bit, I just finished The Satanic Verses and my list for right now is: The Divine Comedy, Mein Kamph, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Catcher in the Rye, Down and out in Paris and London (which I lost, grr), Clockwork Orange, and Hemingway on Fishing.

I'm taking my time on The Divine Comedy and Mein Kamph, and I have around 15 books laying in wait that need read.

Teorropy

I am currently waiting for my last book fromt the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. It comes out Nov. 13th this year. Then I have plenty to read, Stephen King books, Tom Clancey books, John Grisham books, the left behind series. Yeah, I have plenty to read.

moonshine

im reading a book called pirates! at the moment, but as im going shopping think im going to have to get another book, one alittle more "older" lol although childrens books are fun

Last edited:

neum985

I pwn noobs
I am currently reading Prey by Michael Crichton. Its about some nanotechnology that gets out of hand. Its a fast read and a damn good book thus far.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Wow, I'm only reading Clear and Present Danger right now. I think I'm gonna get started on For Whom the Bell Tolls soon, though.

Russian

I'm very like reading! and try writing too. so, now I read (again) DANTE CLUB by Matthew Pearl. Read book twis because profound book, not only detective. Soon begin ALIENIST by Caleb Carr (I like this bok!).
Both books on Russian language because when I reading I don't want thinking :D:lol:

Fantasy

The White Wolf
I'm on book 4 of the Mallorean series. Finished Belgariad series already. Anyone here an Eddings Fan???
Yes!
I've only read a few of his books, but he's fast becoming one of my favourite authors.
I've read the Redemption of Althalus, which was fantastic, IMO.
Then I read Magicians Gambit, though unfortunately, I didn't know that it was 3rd in The Belgariad, so now I really wanna read Pawn of Prophecy. =(
And I finished reading The Diamond Throne, first book in the Elenium series, last week, now I want The Ruby Knight. ;-;
Anyways, I just finished 'The Wordsmiths and the Warguild' by Hugh Cook, it was average, at best, I thought. Story was too jumpy, not to mention Togura never actually went on any big quests, despite how many were offered.
That's probably what Cook was trying to get, for something different, but eh, not really my kinda book.
Aaand, now, I'm reading 'Area 7' by Matthew Reilly, who's another author I'm starting to LOVE!
This is the second of his books that I've read, and he writes in a way that manages to keep you wanting to read from start to end, I have a short attention span for books that start off slow, I read them, since usually they turn out GREAT when the story starts, but I really have to force myself to do so.
Unfortunately, that's why I haven't read Eragon yet, even though I've heard heaps of great things about it, I just can't get into it. =(
[EDIT]
Also, as soon as I can find them, I wanna reread the Lord of the Rings trilogy, + The Hobbit.
My old LotR obsession seems to be returning.
I've been playing LotR video games for the last few weeks, (Return of the King - PS2) (Battle for Middle Earth II - PC), and watching the movies. After I watched the movies again, I started looking everywhere for the books, my brother should have them, but they're not where he said they would be.
=(
Geh, I'll ask him again...

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
What am I reading right now...That's easy silly. This post. :lol:

Sorry someone had to do it. Might as well be me. :D: lol: :D

I just finished with Vampire Hunter D " Raiser of Gales volume 2"
By Hideyuki Kikuchi

Good book thake place right after the story we all know and love that introduced us to Vampire Hunter D.

The year is 12,090 A.D.,vampires whocan walk in the daylight have apeared.
Did the disapperance of the children have something to do with the undead's new found powers? Only the Vampire hunter Known as D can solve the mystery....but the answers may be more horrible than any can imagine.

The books are way better than the Animes and that is hard for me to say, cause I Love the movies. Have both of them on DVD ( I wore out my VHS ones watching them over and over cause of the killer story and art work)

If you haven't read them or you think you know the whole story of Vampier Hunter D you might want to read these stories. Great way to kill a rainy day.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
I'm reading The Golden Compass. :3 I want to read the book before I see the movie. Although the fact that Nicole Kidman is in it makes me want to go watch it RIGHT now....