What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Marie, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Marie

Marie Registered Member

I've just finished Angels and Demons and i'm currently reading a book called the girls which is about twins joined at the head.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I"m reading 1984, Mein Kamph, and The Divine Comedy.

3. Calypso

Calypso New Member

I've got two books going right now, "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and "Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins" by Rupert Everett. Both highly entertaining.

4. randomthoughts1

randomthoughts1 New Member

If you enjoyed Angels and Demons you should check out Digital Fortress, also by Dan Brown. It was as tough to put down as A&D and The Divinci Code! I'm currently reading Talk, Talk by TC Boyle.

5. debrajean

debrajean New Member

I'm a big supporter of self-published authors. These writers work very hard at their craft and get very little recognization for their efforts. Granted, there are many horrendous self-published books out there, but the same can be said about traditional publishing.

Ebooks are also another venue that deserves a second look. So, this afternoon I purchased my neighbor's book, "When Weavers Wove." by Fred Wintle, published by iUniverse.

Two of my favorite authors as well as good friends have outstanding books available through Amazon.

Bob Holt is the author of "A Field Guide to Homeland Security" (published by Authorhouse) and "Views from the Cheap Seats; Lifestyles of the Unskilled and Mediocre." His witty and wry observations of life are honest and humorous.

Cynthia Borris the author of "No More Bobs" published by Authorhouse, is the epitome of humor in everyday life.

"Self-published doesn't mean self-centered, sometimes it simply means
    self-motivated and self-assured."

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Self published also means more profits going to the actual writer too. I'm all for self publishing if you can afford it. It's hard to market your own books though if you don't have a good amount of financial backing.

As for me I'm not reading any books at the moment.

7. luvcamerasnic

luvcamerasnic New Member

I am a teacher, so I read children's books so I can recommend them to my students. I am currently finishing the Shadow Children series by Haddox. Quite good, I might add!

8. ace5203

ace5203 New Member

I'm starting the Sword of Truth series. I'm almost done with the first book, The Wizard's First Rule and i can't wait to plow through the rest of the series. So far i've found it very comparable to the Wheel of Time series.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I am just finishing up Eragon and going into Eldest for the second time. For those of you who have not read Eragon I suggest it to everyone it far surpasses any book that takes place in castle times.

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

This thread. Just kidding. :D I will be going to a book store this weekend and pick up an autobiography book.