• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Are You Doing on St.Patricks Day?

PureValkyrie

Registered Member
Do me a favor will ya? Stick to that promise. Or at least, don't ever drink just to get drunk and don't ever smoke just to get high. That would be dumb and that's when it gets to be repetitive. Make sure that if you do either of those things you're in a controlled setting where you know nothing bad would happen. It takes a lot of responsibility that most teenagers are not ready for. If you start before you're ready, you could become dependent on it. Don't want that.
.......... Do you realize what you just said? Why do people drink, huh? :sigh:[SARCASM]Why do people smoke weed? Because it makes them smell good?[/SARCASM]

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I'm 15, I can't wait till i'm old enough to drink.

I'm not sure what I do on this day. Usually if its on a school day, we usually wear green and play board games and shit. Thats about it.

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
Shooting Palanx said:
I'm 15, I can't wait till i'm old enough to drink.

I'm not sure what I do on this day. Usually if its on a school day, we usually wear green and play board games and shit. Thats about it.
Why the f**k would you wanna do that for. It's just plain dumb drinking. And I never wear green on st patricks day. I don'
t even know about it util the day after.:lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This is a debate me and Buckeye can really get into.

Nah I don't lose intrest in my life like some people. I believe in myself and don't give up and drink my sorrows away like some people.
You think I lost interest in my life? Just because I choose to smoke pot? Let me tell you, kid, that when you get older it's good to have that little bit of help to wind down. I belive fully in myself. I'm a manager at my work (Taco Bell), I as recently as yesterday had a girlfriend and am on my way to having another one fairly soon, I go to college, and I have a life. You'd better get a better argument than people who smoke and drink lose interest in their life, buddy.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Scuba Steve said:
You think I lost interest in my life? Just because I choose to smoke pot? Let me tell you, kid, that when you get older it's good to have that little bit of help to wind down. I belive fully in myself. I'm a manager at my work (Taco Bell), I as recently as yesterday had a girlfriend and am on my way to having another one fairly soon, I go to college, and I have a life.
You'd better get a better argument than people who smoke and drink lose interest in their life, buddy.
And you'd better get a better argument than simply throwing your life story around in people's faces like it's a [sarcasm]freaking resume[/sarcasm] everytime you have an otherwise valid point to make.

... Sheesh!!! and they thought that I was egotistical!!! :mad:

Well anyways, that was a bit of a crude assumption that he made when he implied that people who drink are always throwing their lives away. But then again, it's also not too great to use YOUR one situation as a way to ignore the fact that many people DO throw their lives away with alcohol. Hell, my grandpa is lying in a hospital bed right now with severe health problems because he did too much hard alcohol when he was younger and never stopped to think about the consequences (in this case NATURAL consequences) on his body. He probably won't be with us too much longer. Probably won't make it another year.

But anyways, that's beside the point. All I wanted to say was that some people are responsible enough to drink alcohol, and other's aren't. As long as a person is responsible enough to do it and will not surround themselves with people who will test that responsibility or cause them to be irresponsible, alcohol can be just like any other activity. The key to doing it is CONTROL. Be in a CONTROLLED SETTING and be weary of dangerous aspects of the situation that could get out of hand. The answer to ANY case of needless vulnerability is RESPONSIBILITY, so if you're a first time drinker, don't overdo it, and stop when you feel yourself losing control. It's all about GRADUALLY getting used to it, and then maintaining that control so that you don't become dependent at any point.

Yeah....

*takes a drink*

Doc

V.I.P.
It's my best way to make a point, I can't help but use myself as an example. I don't deny my ego.

And I was only speaking from my situation. i'm fully aware that there's people who throw their lives away over drinking, but I assumed he was being direct and not general.

I have nothing else to say, but I agree fully with your second paragraph.

So..

/me takes a drink with Vega

Doc

V.I.P.
What's wrong with twice a week? Or weekly? Did you just pull that stat out of your ass?