• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are you afraid of?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This could be anything from phobias to things from childhood scares (though please do not post anything you are not comfortable sharing) to basic worries such as going to work on a monday morning as you are worried about something you didn't do on the friday.

I do not have many fears but on that list would be:

Meeting people who might not like me
Letting people down
Not preforming well enough in life or in work

Bliss

Sally Twit
Your FACE.

ginock, I'm sorry but you will meet people that aren't going to like you. It doesn't mean you're a horrible person but we can't all get along with everyone.

My biggest phobia is death. Not just me dying but people I love and care about. It scares me a lot. There are people in my life that I can't do without and the thought of losing them terrifies and upsets me.

I have the common phobia of spiders. I sweat and shake when I see them. If nobody is around to help me get rid of them it takes me a long time to build up the courage to destroy them.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
ginock, I'm sorry but you will meet people that aren't going to like you. It doesn't mean you're a horrible person but we can't all get along with everyone.
As much as I know this to be and as much as I know I shouldn't let it bother me it does and this annoys me greatly...

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I used to be afraid of spiders in the same way, but now I'm able to catch them and put them outside.

honestly, I'm a little afraid of horses. I don't want to ride them, don't really want to be all that near them, and certainly wouldn't want to pet one. They'd smell the fear on me and bite me for sure.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I r than also am afraid of horses in some respects, I will ride a horse, I did a couple of day trips on horse back in Mexico, but I will not, in any circumstance walk behind a horse many years ago I walked behind a pony not much bigger than I was and it kicke out at me, been scared to walk behind one ever since.

The only other thing I can think of that scares me is not seeing my kids, the thought of not being there for them every day scares the hell out of me.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Heights
Death
Death of my kids or husband
Chronic pain
Stagefright

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am afraid of death just because of the unknown. I am also semi-afraid of tall buildings but not being on top and looking down but moreso at the bottom and looking up at them. It's weird.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Maybe I'm just weird, but the only things that really scare me besides heights (which is common) are black holes. I mean, just fucking think about it. It's a gigantic pit of darkness in space that swallows EVERYTHING within grasp, even light.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
As the majority of this thread has stated, death. I am scared of losing everyone around me, everyone that I love.

Another thing I am semi afraid of is darkness when I try to sleep, hence why I put the TV on and put the timer to one hour so when I fall asleep, it will turn off.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Not preforming well enough in life or in work
This. I'm afraid of failure. It's my drive to push myself. I'm afraid of not doing well, so I compensate by overpreparation.

I used to have a fear of dying young. Then I accepted the fact that if it's my time, it's my time, and there was no need to worry about it or think about it.