What are you a snob about?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What are you a snob about? In other words, what is something you just can't bring yourself to compromise on? It can be type of clothing, brandnames for foods or alcohol ect.

Discuss

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've become kind of a beer snob lately. I don't like any of the cheap brand name stuff like Miller, Bud, or Coors. I refuse to buy that crap unless it's for a party or drinking games or something. There's no sense in wasting good beer on a drinking game. But otherwise I will only get premium imports or American craft brews.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I don't like to compromise quality when it comes to something going into my body (like food, drink, etc.). As far as clothing goes, if I like it, I'll buy it whether it's from a store (like Sainsburys, Target, etc.) or a chic boutique, although I am snobby when it comes to shoes, undies, make-up and handbags, lol. As for things for the house (such as furniture, decor, etc.) again if I like it, I'll buy it. In a nutshell, I can't say that I'm too high maintenance because I will compromise. When it comes to people, yeah, I've come across a few twats in my time who think they're better than everyone else but for me it's quite easy to walk away from them, after all, it's their issue(s) not mine.

Sophella

Registered Member
I am a complete wine snob!! I like a good wine and I like my wine to compliment my food. It's my weakness.

Other than that I am very down to earth :)

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
To me, it's all about customer service. Im not sorry to say it, if I go somewhere (restaurant or otherwise which provides it), it doesn't have to be top notch, just decent enough for someone to enjoy their time out. Don't be a d**k to the people who are coming into your establishment for whatever reason and think they don't deserve some awesome service. A lot of my tips mainly goes to their customer service and how well they came across to me as a whole.

~Shwa

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm a beer snob too. I won't drink any "regular" beers because I just don't like the taste. If that makes me a snob, oh well.

I also don't compromise on food - I don't buy any overly processed food, or eggs from factory farms, or milk/dairy from cows that are given RBGH. I don't think that makes me a snob, either, just concerned about what I put into my/my families bodies

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm a food snob, because I don't like anything. Don't ask me why, but I hate sushi, mustard, mayo, onions, man, fuckin' everything!

I eat four-legged animals and chicken. No fish. Fruits and very few veggies. I'm very picky and if you were to offer me a meal at your house that had something in it I did not like I would be a snob and turn you down. Even if I was STARVING.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The only thing I'm really snob about is buying brandnames for clothes and shoes. I'd never ever go to a place like Wal-Mart to buy clothes I usually wear out. I rather pay something 100 dollars and enjoy it and know that it will last for a long period of time then go to wal-mart and buy something for 20 dollars and will last me 3 months.

As for beer, I love trying cheaper beers or non-brandname beers because I've always had a fascination trying new beers and hoping to find something that I will enjoy. I definitely found 5-6 different kinds that I actually drink on a regular basis.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Definitely a food snob. There are certain foods I won't compromise on and have to buy the brand name one. Also, i'm kinda snobby with clothing, I won't shop at certain stores because they are cheap. There are a certain label of pants I buy that are like $150, and I can get some practically the same for $40 somewhere else, but I refuse to.