what are the rules about dunking?

Umm..... I always thought players couldnt draw charges in the semi circle under the rim. The only option, while standing in that position, would be to foul the offensive.
Number 12 clearly jumped into kobe, from the semi circle. Why didn't kobe go to the foul line?

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Because the refs were too busy laughing to make the foul call.

I think its because Dwight did not have any effect on the shot whatsoever so you couldn't really tell that he made contact on Kobe on purpose.

M

Midnight

That is a no caller... In that case, he did absolutely nothing to provoke a foul. Even though there's contact, it's unavoidable. As you can see he did not jump into Kobe he just put his hands up and started to run away... However he still got a facefull of nuts.

C

Couchpotato94

Midnight said:
That is a no caller... In that case, he did absolutely nothing to provoke a foul. Even though there's contact, it's unavoidable. As you can see he did not jump into Kobe he just put his hands up and started to run away... However he still got a facefull of nuts.
^^LAWL.

Notice Franchise pushing him at the end.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you, sometimes you got to make a call, and other times you got to let it go. This was a good no call. I believe this game was a blow out anyways, so it wouldn't matter if Dwight Howard took the charge on that call. Either way that dunk was sick, and Kobe didn't deserve a foul on that play.

Couchpotato94 said:
^^LAWL.

Notice Franchise pushing him at the end.
That was because Kobe bumped into him. I'd push away my opponnent slightly if he was running into me. That's quite normal, considering how small a court is.

Midnight said:
His feet weren't planted as kobe was driving to the basket. The defense was never positioned. According to the books, that is a foul.

T

truper krit09

His foot was in the semi circle while planted. You can't take charges in the semi circle. That shoulda been a defensive foul if anything.