• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are the most inexpensive countries to travel to?

NellyBell

Registered Member
What countries are the most inexpensive ones to travel to? I'm not just talking about flights either, but like accommodations and tourist-y activities. It's been way too long since I've gone on vacation and while I want to get out of the country, I don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg, not if somewhere will just take one or the other.

Pepper

Registered Member
Inexpensive is a relative term. What could be affordable to you, could be an arm and a leg for other people :D It also depends on how far the country you want to go to is from where you live. Where do you live?

Impaired

Registered Member
It really depends on how you travel.

That said: Belize, Costa Rica, Portugal and Spain can be enjoyed without big investments.

Interis

Registered Member
Are you interested in Asian culture? The tickets to countries like Vietnam or Cambodia may be expensive, but the other cost is relatively low. Food, transportation, and lodging are affordable; even the international luxurious hotels are not as expensive as other countries.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Very good point, @Pepper. I live in the southeastern part of the US.

Thanks for the suggestions, @Impaired! I have always been interested in going to Spain, so I'll have to check that out. I realize that a lot of this does depend on how you travel, so it's a little open-ended.

@Interis yessss, I am! That's good to know that the costs in those countries are low. It totally makes sense why that would be an expensive flight - especially for me since I basically live on the opposite side of the world. I'll have to look into that! Have you been?

Impaired

Registered Member
A friend of mine went across Europe picking oranges and taking trains. Had a great time. He made money in the end, selling some rugs and things he bought and shipped home.

Interis

Registered Member
@Interis yessss, I am! That's good to know that the costs in those countries are low. It totally makes sense why that would be an expensive flight - especially for me since I basically live on the opposite side of the world. I'll have to look into that! Have you been?
Let me know how your plan goes later. I haven't been there either; I researched about cheap travels and potential places before so I knew about those countries. The closest I've been to is Japan, which can hardly be cheap but worth the money.